In app chat feedback

Hi, first off let me apologise if this is going over old ground or being discussed elsewhere, I looked briefly but couldn’t see anything.

I had an issue with a payment which failed this morning - it’s been resolved but the in app chat response I had left me a little concerned.

It seems as though the payment failed because the receiving bank’s system timed out. The chat operator couldn’t see a reason for this so they guessed and said that it might be linked to planned maintenance which was done over the weekend because the clocks went back. There are two big issues with this:

1. The clocks went back in October, this happened on 1 December.
  2. It’s a Tuesday.

I think I speak for most people when I say that I’m fine if you can see part of a problem but can’t be sure of the underlying cause. Whatever you do, don’t guess! As an account holder since 2016 and an investor, this doesn’t fill me with confidence. If anyone from Monzo wants to reach out for the specifics of the interaction I’m happy to provide them.

Sadly, I don’t think that’s what most people want. They want an answer as to why and they want it now.

“It could have been any number of things from the merchant and unfortunately we’ll never know” is probably what they should have said.

But lots of people want an answer and more likely the reassurance. I agree with you though, guessing doesn’t help anyone!

1 Like

What happened the other end:

image image

3 Likes