I'm on month 5 as a Monzo COp! AMA!

To the point about shifts - are there specified patterns or do you have some freedom?

There’s often patterns, but this varies each week (we do get to choose our preferences, and Monzo try their best to make this work for us!)

How do you connect to Monzo’s stuff? Do they just throw a laptop at you and it does its magic over the internet?

Can confirm. It’s magic. Pure, powerful magic. Also a VPN.

Are you allowed to work from places not your home if you are remote? (Like could you go to a Starbucks and work there?)

No. As we are dealing with sensitive information, COps will always certainly work from their home, or in the office

What’s your favourite thing to date about working for Monzo?

The compassion and respect. Speaking with “managers” or even Tom (the CEO), feels normal, and not something to be scared of. It truly is, a wonderful place to work. A bit like Disneyland, but Monzoland?

7 Likes

This thread is the best read I have had in a long time. can we rename the community Monzoland

4 Likes

I like this idea.

1 Like

COps will always tell their squad captains where they are, before their shift :blush:

Perhaps the squad captain gets to say “Pics or GTFO”

1 Like

Squad Captains is what we call our managers here :grinning:

And very true, but since Monzo has been around, there’s been no incidents for this, and COps understand the process :+1:

be hard to explain the background noise when taking calls

Phil in IT has a perve through everyone’s webcam.

I would guess that device locations are logged through the management software and it can be audited.

Also logging in through a new IP may flag.

Really wish I wasn’t

Not sure I have run a call centre since I joined Monzo (more than a hint of coincidence timing wise), but really don’t miss it

If I cannot interact online with a business I don’t want to know now - staking that position out

Do all COps do calls? I’m sure there’s a few that wouldn’t want to.

Also what happens if your internet goes down, is there official guidelines for example you’d need to get yourself a 4g router within X amount of time?

So COp are completely remote in terms of working practice? What’s the main area you think Monzo needs to improve on as it shifts from a start up to a mainstream bank?

It’s worth mentioning here that even when COps do work remotely, information isn’t readily available for anyone to see.

We also don’t show any personal details (like cars numbers etc…), that’s kept secret even from COps. Only customers know their card details.

4 Likes

Not all COps do calls, no.

We have recommended guidelines for working from home, that COps need to ensure they follow before doing so

4 Likes

What would you do with your spare time then?

2 Likes

We have access to the details we need, to do our jobs (such as looking at transactions, blocking cards etc…)

We never see full card details.

Recommended in terms of internet speed etc. We do have rules to follow when working from home too

2 Likes

No.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t have to read those direct messages you send me when I post. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I never get DMs

I’ve sent you two in two years.

They were both basically “u ok hun?”.

Don’t like it? Move on.

3 Likes