If you haven't moved over, what's stopping you from making Monzo your main bank?

(Nathan) #572

Tomorrow?

(Jack - Customer of Monzo) #573

I heard it wasn’t going to make the deadline of the big list which is in a week or so.
But you’ve now sparked my curiosity!

I reckon he’s just referring to the fact the user will switch to Monzo when it arrives, the feature is obviously happening so it’s a deal :slight_smile:

I do hope it’s tomorrow now though :see_no_evil:

(Kelvin Papp) #574

Slightly off topic, but they’ve tightened up on this FYI. Requirement is for at least £1000 to remain (sourced from a non-FD account) to avoid charges in the absence of regular payments exceeding £2k.

(Peter G) #575

Oh dear. Bad the First Direct. :crying_cat_face:

(Kelvin Papp) #576

Tell me about it! Bitter first-hand experience here… I’m currently transitioning to Monzo but was keen to retain my FD account for cheques / cash deposits. Leaving £1,000 in savings seems to be the only way of doing this whilst avoiding fees.

Oh, First Direct, the king of telephone banking.

The are just HSBC dressed in the 90s clothing :joy::joy::joy:

(Kelvin Papp) #578

I can’t fault their customer service for a second in their defence. They have been a brilliant bank for us over the last 5 years or so (and for me independently for a number of years prior to that). They just don’t offer much of the functionality that I find myself wanting / needing here in 2018 :pensive:

A shame really, for such a pioneering bank when they launched its disappointing they haven’t maintained their dynamism as they’ve grown. Again though; from a customer service perspective they are outstanding…

(Matthew Jones) #579

If interest comes tomorrow I’ll be switching via CASS straight away

Customer service alone will not win you customers but a great product without good customer service guarantees failure.

I wonder if at some point FD had separated from HSBC, then more creative thinking would’ve been allowed and some progressive changes could’ve been implemented.

(Andre Borie) #581

Unless legacy rust comes in the way that is. As far as I know First Direct is still legacy, they just have competent people on the phone.

Interesting thread:

Interesting conversation, thanks for linking it! :grin:

It seems that a lot of people are using Monzo as an account for discretionary spending :cry: and full Monzo thing might not be what everyone wants!

I guess turning card top ups off would help them to do decent thing and go full Monzo :joy:

It is quite refreshing to get away from fintech forums and see what an average person thinks about challenger banks.:stuck_out_tongue: