🔊 Ideas wanted: new Monzo payment sounds

Alright everyone, we’d like your help with something.

Before I go much further let me be absolutely clear: we’re not promising to ship this but we’d like to if we can.

Okay that’s the disclaimer out the way.

To the question in-hand: If we made it possible to choose which payment sound you want the Monzo app to make, what sounds would you like us to introduce?

I’m talking about the sounds the Monzo app makes when you spend money or someone pays you.

Your fun answers are of course always appreciated but we’ll need at least a few that we can actually use. A healthy balance of funny and practical would be ideal.

13 Likes

But phone sounds should be banned. Silent only. It’s 2023!

14 Likes

7 Likes
3 Likes

Absolute silence.

Or, if that’s not acceptable, the entirety of C.R.E.A.M. by Wu-Tang

2 Likes

:heavy_plus_sign: :one:

1 Like

When receiving: the sound of a money counter, the larger the amount the longer it plays.

Apologies to those who sells a house and receives 5+ digits & it plays all day.

16 Likes

Are these different or is it one for both?

Are you able to use system sounds / let users upload their own?

Personally, I’d like to hear the dude from Storage Hunters who shouts “MONEY” to place his bid.

BhbB5Q1IMAAcDjA

7 Likes

I vote for @jackcully to make the new noise, like a “cha-ching” noise please. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I believe they’re different but now I’m doubting myself. Pretty sure there are different sounds for incoming and outgoing transactions.

We’ve spoken about letting people upload whatever they like but I’m unsure how I feel about it. I suspect the results would range from hilarious to disastrous.

2 Likes

I want these satisfaction levels :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Back to the 00s, I like it! Polyphonic Crazy Frog when you get paid, anyone? Would there be a Teletext page too for buying new notification sounds?

(Reading back my comment it came across quite sarcastic which was not the intention; rather this unleashed a flood of nostalgia)

3 Likes

Didn’t read it that way!

We referenced polyphonic Crazy Frog in the office earlier when talking about this.

3 Likes

Can this please be an Easter Egg in app? Please?

7 Likes

Money out…

Beyoncé | Beyonce crazy in love, Crazy love, Beyonce

1 Like

The current one is already iconic and very satisfying. Don’t change it!

But if you do, hire MayTree to make the new ones. They’re amazingly good at sound effects.

9 Likes

3 Likes

I submit:

4 Likes