🔊 Ideas wanted: new Monzo payment sounds

Or as a very close second:

I’d like a toilet flushing sound.

That’s where I feel all my money goes :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

It would be nice to have a couple of options to choose from.

For outgoing payments: “Booooooo”
For incoming payments: (1) The sound of a blessing of unicorns running wild and free in slow-motion through the waves on a desert-island beach under a rainbow (2) A fake call from The National Lottery announcing a big win.

Happy to travel & record the unicorns btw

Also happy to receive the National Lottery call too, so I can record it.

4 Likes

I’m happy with the system notification sounds, I don’t really like people hearing me spend money :neutral_face:

1 Like

They’re both money chaching kind of sounds but quite different.

You can set any sound you like - in android it’s in app settings… There are 3 sounds these days, account credited, account debited and important (which appears to be the system default sound). Used to be a few more IIRC.

1 Like

I’m happy with the subtle noise we have

1 Like

What happens if they’re already Easter Eggs? We might just not have found them!

1 Like

Winners of the national lottery will hate you. Win over 100m and it will never end!

Its great as it is

I have but one suggestion:

5 Likes

They’ll be different teams that do different roles.

More than likely the “team” or person working on this would mostly be hired to do this type of stuff.

Future development such as UI with managing funds will be a different department. So they’ll be some working on the improvements in addition to this.

At least I’ll of thought so as the sound is already perfect so changing it isn’t urgent in my eyes.

2 Likes

Any part of this song…

2 Likes

Or this… in fact, I want this!

4 Likes

I’ll be honest, this is one of the worst posts I’ve seen.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone, lots of interesting takeaways for us here. The most useful being that folks generally don’t have a problem with the current sound.

As some of you have already said, this work would never happen instead of work on things like joint accounts and so on. If we decide to do this it’ll be properly prioritised against other work.

Thanks again for your input :hot_coral_heart:

11 Likes

I absolutely love the current cha-ching sound when money gets credited or debited from my account. This is one of the reasons I joined (among others).

4 Likes

It means they can shout from the rooftops about it on Twitter and Facebook / Insta, the youths will make themselves all wet about it and engagement will be up again.

1 Like

I’d like having the pager sound from GTA3. I’m sure it’s not copyrighted

Or the Banko Kazooie Jiggy sound

I’m just nostalgic for the older games I guess, yes the N64 is old for me, same with the SNES. Showing my age

The metal gear solid ! Sound when money leaves. :heart::joy:

3 Likes