Idea to help get Salaries paid in to Monzo quicker

If they’re treating me differently to how they’re treating everyone else I’d want to have that argument. I’m not going to jump just because someone in HR tells me to.

5 Likes

It’s due to money laundering legislation. My employer (one of the big UK media agencies) doesn’t require it for salaries yet, but we do for new suppliers and even clients - basically our finance division won’t send payment (or accept money) unless we have confirmation of their bank account details.

I think it’s also come around party in part because there was so much fraud caused by simply calling a company, claiming to be from someone else known to work with them, and saying due to an emergency they needed to move bank accounts. It happens a LOT and affects companies of all sizes.

https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/banking-online-account-scams

2 Likes

we won’t pay out unless we have bank proofs, either, to other businesses.

but for the individual we’re ok

3 Likes

CHILL Jamie it got sorted in under one hour in a friendly way and no one had to get sued :joy:

I have never had to show proof of a bank account

I’d have not been very happy if I was asked this - especially given I wasn’t for my previous HSBC account. Changing to Monzo was more work than I liked - it took weeks

Ultimately it eventually ended up being payroll wanting address details for Monzo so they could manually update their database for the self-service system. I noticed Starling wasn’t accepted either and suggested they take a look at that whilst they were at it - iirc they did not

you should have lmgtfy’d them…

I may just have to request proof of account ownership… just to see this mystical stamp in action!

8 Likes

Ha ha that’s the best reply so far

Never heard of an employer asking for bank details, mine was painless when I switched simply filled out email and signed it electronically - all done and dusted, and I thought my employer was picky about well everything! :joy:

I had this issue too.

Glad to see it’s not just my employer that was being awkward.

1 Like

I can’t really gauge if you are being 100% serious or not. But regardless I thought I should just tell you I found this fucking funny. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could we have a photo of the proof of ownership + stamp with anything sensitive obscured please? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Letter from when this last popped up: Not technically Monzo related but

No stamp unfortunately :cry:, wonder what current letter looks like

10 Likes

Bleeding heck!

How big is the envelope?

Or is that a very small pencil?

Nice! Now, the next question. Do you have an old Mondo stamp too for that future Monzo Museum?

1 Like

It’s just far away…

2 Likes

Is that a hot coral pencil?

5 Likes

It’s pronounced Monzeum :wink::joy:

I’d love to see it end up in here too! :smiley:

1 Like