Idea to help get Salaries paid in to Monzo quicker

I have never had to show proof of a bank account

I’d have not been very happy if I was asked this - especially given I wasn’t for my previous HSBC account. Changing to Monzo was more work than I liked - it took weeks

Ultimately it eventually ended up being payroll wanting address details for Monzo so they could manually update their database for the self-service system. I noticed Starling wasn’t accepted either and suggested they take a look at that whilst they were at it - iirc they did not

you should have lmgtfy’d them…

I may just have to request proof of account ownership… just to see this mystical stamp in action!

8 Likes

Ha ha that’s the best reply so far

Never heard of an employer asking for bank details, mine was painless when I switched simply filled out email and signed it electronically - all done and dusted, and I thought my employer was picky about well everything! :joy:

I had this issue too.

Glad to see it’s not just my employer that was being awkward.

1 Like

I can’t really gauge if you are being 100% serious or not. But regardless I thought I should just tell you I found this fucking funny. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could we have a photo of the proof of ownership + stamp with anything sensitive obscured please? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Letter from when this last popped up: Not technically Monzo related but

No stamp unfortunately :cry:, wonder what current letter looks like

10 Likes

Bleeding heck!

How big is the envelope?

Or is that a very small pencil?

Nice! Now, the next question. Do you have an old Mondo stamp too for that future Monzo Museum?

1 Like

It’s just far away…

2 Likes

Is that a hot coral pencil?

5 Likes

It’s pronounced Monzeum :wink::joy:

I’d love to see it end up in here too! :smiley:

1 Like