I redesigned the Monzo Debit Card! What are your thoughts?

Just to take that away from Danny (because he totally deserves it :wink:) that design actually came from an early blog post.

You can’t do that @alexs let this one go his way :joy:

I admit I didn’t do it but I have been pushing for it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No! Nothing exciting here, just another standard boring card. Keep Hot Coral.

4 Likes

I would love my Monzo card to look like this :heart_eyes:

That’s what I think of hot coral

For how many people would a choice of card actually impact their choice of bank?

3 Likes

Yes. If there was a boring navy blue card but another bank had stripes or bright orange I would probably change to them.

1 Like

I really like the N26 card…

11 Likes

That is a gorgeous card. I want one!

2 Likes

It wouldn’t for me. I just need the numbers as I can’t pay for anything with the cards look and feel

1 Like

Its a nice design but they should definitely stick with the current fluorescent orange card. That’s how I found out about Monzo in the first place, I was serving a customer and I noticed their card which sparked a conversation and they told me all about Monzo. When I got home though and wanted to look into it I couldn’t remember the name of the bank so I just googled for ‘bright orange bank card’ and Monzo was the first result.

So without the brightly coloured card I (probably) would never have found Monzo.
The next time that person comes in to my work I’m definitely going to thank them too. :grin:

That being said, a small subtle pattern on the current card design would be a nice touch.

15 Likes

Yes, I think Monzo should go all-in on hot coral for all their branding - the world doesn’t need another dark blue bank card. The multi-coloured logo doesn’t do much for me either, I’d prefer to see a pink app icon with the logo white out.

monzo-app

Perhaps something a little more adventurous for the card too which keeps the colour, gets rid of those ugly misaligned embossed letters and does something more adventurous with the front of the card - you don’t need the numbers on the front of the card any more. The front of the card should be a branding exercise, perhaps with a name, but it doesn’t need detail like expiry etc.

Something more like this:

monzo-front

Then leave all that boring stuff on the back.

monzo-back

Nowadays with contactless and stored card details it’s rare to have to pull out the card and read the number off, though of course you need it on there, it just isn’t as vital as previously.

Would like to see Monzo offer custom cards at some point though for those who want them and just let you upload a pic as many banks do, that’d be nice, as long as they got rid of the embossed letters, which tend to ruin custom designs otherwise.

43 Likes

Really like that even more minimalist approach and you’re right, no need for the long number to be on the front. Could it be argued it’s a security issue having the long number and security code on the same side? Be easier for fraudsters to take a pic if all details in one place? I know, very unlikely…

1 Like

Yes, I think Monzo should go all-in on hot coral too.

afd072bade3a6dc03e78faa74ca2c887e378119a

902e6d153bf91e0cfc5809b084131a0f3d6a13e5

10 Likes

Why leave blue strip make that coral and remove MasterCard sign, no need. :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You need the logo though surely?

20d22e488efb21f9a268ba7ebce2dfaf64e4028d

Better?

17 Likes

Yep that’s good. Well we know it’s MasterCard so why state the obvious lol

There is a need for some form of touch sensitive indication somewhere on the card for accessibility purposes. I can’t say what is best for this, but it is an extra consideration.

1 Like

IMG_0066

I’m a big fan of the Loot.io card. You can’t tell from this pictur, but it is translucent and you can see the contactless circuit/antenna inside.

11 Likes