We’ve given our visual brand a refresh 🎨 [Q&A w/ Jesse - Senior Brand Designer]

Seconded.

8 Likes

That’d be amazing!

Have you seen Mozilla’s open design site from their rebrand a few years ago? They blogged the whole process, involved community and then published a bit of a retro on the road not travelled. Lots of interesting stuff in there!

4 Likes

Thirded. It’s such a great logo

6 Likes

Love love love the white on hot coral!

4 Likes

Just to say I really like all of those, especially the first. Any chance you can just, y’know, slide them into folks options for iOS. I guess it goes against the whole consistent brand thing but it would be cool

7 Likes

The white on hot coral reminds me of this:

And this, which would make a wonderful Plus card:

3 Likes

Yes, yes it would. Love it

2 Likes

Ugh no ta. Same as every other corporate bank card.

3 Likes

What on Earth? Maybe you have to be in that industry but it feels like you’re torturing that word. :eyes:

Eh? It’s the standard word. It’s used all the time.

I have never seen it used in that way. As I say, perhaps it’s an industry thing.

Oh wow that first icon :heart:

4 Likes

We use ‘creative’ in place of saying ‘graphic or brand design assets’. Sorry if that’s unclear, it’s an industry way of speaking about design work.

7 Likes

Another question from me (sorry).

Was the design of the app specifically in scope for this work or was it focused on brand and marketing collateral?

There’s a reference in the blog to an “Exaggerated UI” but everything else seems to be marketing.

I suppose I’m wondering how tightly this might translate to the look and feel of the app (as opposed to the functional design, if that difference makes sense).

7 Likes

Thank you @Peter_G you’re asking all the questions I can’t be bothered to.

6 Likes

@Peter_G

The refresh is planned as a separate phase (or phases) for the app. We’re looking at how Monzo Sans and Oldschool Grotesk translate to the app experience. Same with colour and our new illustrations. Also the challenge of how the refresh intersects with app evolution. This all takes a little more time, care and engineering to work out, so may not appear all at once.

10 Likes

Stolen this to use as my app icon :joy:

Edit to include screenshot of my docked icons

5 Likes

Yeah, this icon is substantially better than any of the others!

2 Likes

In isolation that white on coral icon is fire. But alongside other apps, for me it doesn’t stand out? the new logo however :fire::fire: thank you peeps for another day of newness

3 Likes

100 votes and this replaces the new icon to become the new new icon, right?

3 Likes