How to increase brand awareness

The American Idol and Pop Idol logos are so similar in color and design, just the different titles

@HughWells community guidelines etc. :joy:

…and maybe the St Petersburg Philharmonic?

Chocolate, but more importantly, toffee.

1 Like

…and ice cream!

This might be the best example of a thread going off topic rapidly.

But to answer your question I would not attend a monzo festival. I go to music festivals to enjoy the particular type of music I listen to. Not X factor winners. Also I kind of like going to decent music festivals and them not being sponsored by big multi million pound companies.

Love Camilla and Dua Lipa :raised_hands:t3::fire:
How does no one know of them on this thread?

But I think this idea would be taken very badly or be used by others to point out how spending money on booking chart-topping artistes could be spent developing the company/ improving something elsewhere. Plus it could possibly alienate older users/ people want Monzo to be a serious bank(?)
Tarte (cosmetic brand) got a backlash when they spent huge amounts shipping popular YouTube beauty gurus to Bora Bora to promote their new palette launch- obviously it was their choice to promote it in this way and it looked really good in their campaign but people will always say things like “why didn’t you spend that money on charity or developing the product?”

And tbh while you could possibly show off the ease of use at a music festival it would be better served at a convention for example- using Monzo.me to pay for goods would be extremely convenient compared to carrying cash around (which I invariably run out quickly at any anime cons/ food fairs).

I mentioned this on the thread re: Starling CEO’s campaign to #makemoneyequal but I’ll just repeat part of it again- I think something along the lines of educating users/ teaching them valuable things like dabbling in crypto, investments, savings, planning for the future would be much better than having a pretty campaign and big words with good intentions but go nowhere.

3 Likes

I had never seen or heard these two before yesterday. With YouTube help I can confirm I will not be buying any record by these two. Back to Kerrang :sweat_smile:

So George, with the festival idea seemingly out of the window, perhaps it’d be interesting to see what a short tv advert would look like - and then the equivalent Starling offering…:grinning:

I reckon I could name a load of artists who I think are the bees knees, but everyone else would think are rubbish. Variety is the spice of life. It would be a boring world if we al liked the same.

1 Like

@anon44204028 I 100% approve of these! I especially love Dua Lipa, love her new approach to pop.

Yeah, it’s a tricky one! I think we’ll be looking into raising brand awareness and launching some seriously cool campaigns soon - it’s been all hands on deck with the prepaid programme closure, and now that’s over, we can focus on the future. And it’s looking really bright! :bulb:

2 Likes

Skywriting

2 Likes

Be my guest. It appears the festival idea turned into an xfactor cast list. Some interesting feedback and I feel quite rightly probably not an idea that Monzo will use. Over to you on the tv commercial…

I’ll get right on it…:grinning:

Aha! You saw it here first…Monzo and Orange in joint advertising campaign :thinking:?

1 Like

Haha! Now that would be something, but no, nothing like this in the pipeline :joy:

1 Like

Orange is no longer a brand in the UK :slight_smile:

They’re not ???

They arent and haven’t been since 1st of April 2010.

The Orange brand does exist in other countries such as France but it no longer exists here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe combining with Coral betting instead :wink:

1 Like