How startup bank Monzo is using a community-based marketing approach

Sorry, can’t find a forum category for this article I came across today…

@bailey, @tristan, is it worth creating a category / thread for Monzo related news articles?

How startup bank Monzo is using a community-based marketing approach :rocket:

3 Likes

Could do with it’s own category as the media become more aware of us, so yeah I think whoever has the power should make it so.

2 Likes

I think its more a case of re tweeting and sharing links of press announcements / interviews to your contacts / friends lists , although great for other Monzonauts to know, you are preaching to the converted on the forum.

Interesting to see Starling are now actively on a social media offensive , having been instructed by Ann B to “get tweeting” , lol they do seem to end up being “liked” mostly by the other members of Starling staff though rather than great numbers of the public :slight_smile:

I would enjoy that. Would save me from having to a Google search every now and then.

So we’re all Monzonauts then?

For now, adding :newspaper: to the beginning / end of post titles might be a good way to identify these posts?

1 Like

Yep! Although, I still like to think the name change was so we could call ourselves Monzters! :wink:

1 Like

Anne* and no need to have the B qualifier added in there. :wink:

1 Like

ooooooh sorry didn’t realise it was a sore subject for Starling Meg lol , she just goes by Anne* now does she, in the secretive world of Starling Banks app ? perhaps you could be Mystic Meg :wink:

3 Likes

To be fair, Anne B. reminds me of Anne Boleyn / a Spice Girl. It would be clearly disadvantageous for a bank CEO to be associated with the latter and things didn’t end too well for the former :smile:

2 Likes

Anne, Jennifer, Sarah, and myself are trying to figure out which one of us is Scary Spice right now. :wink: Although I do rather like the name Mystic Meg for myself, but we prefer to call it Insight here at Starling.

OK so is it Anne * or Anne - are you changing your name to Insight ?

Honestly, it just doesn’t have the same ring as Mystic Meg. Better stick with that.

I meant Starling , is Starling changing its name to Insight ?

@saveen @beningreenjam We never decided whether or not we’re all not Monzonauts!

Time for a new poll?? :thinking:

As in Monzo+Cosmonauts … We could just be Monzettes … or Bailey’s Fan Club ha ha

done a poll

please don’t vote for Bailey’s Fan Club cringe

How about the Kursar Klan ?:joy::joy: