How Can I Stop A Payment Going In To My Account?

Hi, I receive child maintenance every week by standing order but my child is no longer in full time education. Is there a way I can cancel these payments now?

I think you would need to contact the agency or person that is making the payment rather than trying to stop it from the receiving bank end. I am not sure there is a way to reject incoming standing order payments.


Fill in an online form at

Site says to make a phone call rather than fill in a form:

Report by phone
Call the Child Maintenance Service if:

  • a child you get child maintenance for leaves full-time education (up to and including A Level) or reaches the age of 20

Then says where to find the number:

Call the number you were given if you’ve recently applied to the Child Maintenance Service. You can also find the number:

  • in your welcome pack
  • at the top of any letter from the Child Maintenance Service
1 Like

Give them my details… :))
I think you have to contact HMRC and report any changes or maybe you can do it online at

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.