Hide Monzo premium advert

That one isn’t, but all the little niggling reminders that you’re not sacrificing enough cash to Monzo can be found throughout the app, and apparently more so lately (see Trends)

It’s not the only thing I strongly dislike about the Monzo of today, but it’s pretty high up the list

3 Likes

I have no idea when it started with the star spinning because you just forget it’s there

4 Likes

I have Monzo Plus and I just thought it was a label for what account type I have.

I’ve just looked now and I didn’t realise it was promoting premium :rofl:

6 Likes

I found the weekly phone calls to set up an appointment with “your RBS personal banking manager” to upgrade to their premium accounts a little more intrusive, tbh.

2 Likes

Never had a call. Never seen an advert. I just have communication preferences turned off I guess

1 Like

Same. In fact, I’ve just deliberately gone there to look and yes, indeed, even on freemium, the star rotates to promote upgrade of account.

I rarely visit that screen though, so doesn’t bother me tbh :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

If you don’t click on the spinning star though, Monzo will send someone from Customer Services to knock on your window at two in the morning to tell you Plus exists.

3 Likes

If only they had the staff :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

As someone who’s actively using my three free Monzo accounts every 1-2 days (as opposed to those hypothesising what it would be like), I didn’t even know this button existed. I have literally never noticed it and am still not sure where in the app it is. Have no desire to go in hunting for it.

Likewise, I can’t remember the last time I saw a mention of Plus or Premium. I’m not doubting they are there, just that they’re a lot less noticeable than some would have you believe!

6 Likes

Swipe down to your list of accounts/pots. It’s there under your pic.

No hunting needed :grin:

1 Like

Sorry, that was a slightly obtuse sentence of mine. I was trying to say that I’m sure it’s there and I could find it, but I didn’t have the inclination to open the app and look. :smiley:

1 Like

You need to open another account. You’re only 3/4 of the way to all the accounts

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback on the advertising of the Premium account.

Just to summarise: the overall view is that there’s an understanding as to why the advert is there but there’s a potential want for this to be an opt out scenario?

As you can expect, I can’t go in and change this but I can pass on the idea and ask if there’s any context regarding this.

8 Likes

Hey @AlanDoe that’s right.

I don’t mind the advert but if you could opt out or cancel it (and it didn’t show again) would be super cool.

I use this view quite a lot so I see it mostly every day.

Thanks for considering it

2 Likes

Hi Alan, I think that would be a good compromise. I know there’s a wide range of views from “I can’t understand why this winds people up” to “I NEVER WANT TO SEE UPGRADE ADS AND I’M ANGRY” (paraphrasing).

But if you could “Dismiss for 3 months” for example it would be less annoying. I finally upgraded to Plus after a long time of being annoyed by the ads, but there had been sufficient additions to connected banks and a couple of other things to persuade me it was now worthwhile. If the ad were to reappear after a period of absence it might prompt people to reassess when that happens, rather than constantly being annoyed by it. Same goes for all the “you could have a graph here” and “you could pay on card from this pot” notices which take up valuable screen space and just get in the way.

Others will, certainly, disagree.

8 Likes

The fact that some people haven’t even noticed the ad sums up its effectiveness pretty well.

Because the ad is sat there constantly reminding us about Plus / Premium, people have become blind to it, so it’s not even doing its intended job anyway.

The ad reappearing after a 3-month dismissal would be far more effective at catching people’s attention.

Everyone wins. :+1:

2 Likes

Without full figures it could be complete opposite results in take up.

Wonder if anyone could shed any light?

1 Like

And others think it’s the most intrusive advert they’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

I understand it’s not irritating to some, but it’s perfectly possible for something that doesn’t bug you to bug others, no?

Sometimes the extreme responses on this forum make me laugh…

4 Likes

Yep :joy:

There seems to be 4 camps:

The Haters
The Don’t Carers
The What Ad Are You Talking Abouters
and The Bait Biters

I assume the 4th group makes it all worth while, but the first 3 groups combined seem to prove (to me at least) that it’s not doing a great job at informing / tempting people to sign up.

I’m on Plus and don’t feel the need to see the Premium badge everyday. As I said, if anything, I’m simply blind to it now. If it buggered off for a few months and came back, I’d be far more likely to click on it to see what has(n’t) changed.

3 Likes