Help.... AMAZON

Please help. Amazon keeps taking and trying to take money out of my account. I have no subscriptions with them. I have had to cancel my card and applied for a new one. Will my other card come with a new card number? What a pain. They just tried to take off for a kindle as well. And prime video went through. I have never asked for prime video.

You will get one with a new number.
Did you click the reason being fraud or theft?

You can contact monzo asking to refund you.

When activating your new card, I believe you also need to opt out of monzo telling companies that your card details have changed.

1 Like

What did Amazon say when you spoke to them?

3 Likes

If you select fraud it won’t let you do it by design.

1 Like

They just keep taking and then talk to them and they put money back then next day take it off again. And this is just carrying on and on.

Thank u

1 Like

Can I ask, because it’s not clear to me which of the two scenarios is the case:

1. Has your Amazon account been compromised? Are these orders for the Kindle etc visible in your account?

2. Has your card been compromised and been added to an unrelated Amazon account?

3 Likes

As above. Either someone has your account details or your card details.

You haven’t sold an old phone/tablet or something and not wiped it?

1 Like

Yes Kindle is visible on my account yet I have not gone into amazon for the last month nor do I use anything to do with kindle. However I have sorted it out now with Monzo. I’m just getting a new card. Don’t know how all this has happened. Very weird.

1 Like

No not at all. I have not sold or given any phones away. Probably more likely someone got my card details. I have ordered new card and cancelled the old one so that should sort the problem out. Xx

1 Like

It would be worth changing your Amazon password then, (and possibly your email password as well) as that would seem to suggest your Amazon account is compromised.

2 Likes

Thank you… Great idea. Will get onto it right now. :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Hey There,

I’d recommend contacting Amazon directly again and asking for further information about what the charges are for, it may be a subscription which it sounds like it is as they’re using different MCCs to process the payments as you mentioned.

Speaking with them directly is usually the quickest way to get to the bottom of it.

There’s a ‘Compromised Account’ option in your Amazon ‘Login and Security’ settings. This walks you through changing your password and also logs you out of any apps and devices that are currently logged into your Amazon account.

You can then enable 2FA. Everybody should have 2FA enabled on accounts that support it.

3 Likes

Thank you. Will go onto it and check.

2 Likes

Thank u Tom

3 Likes

Thank you for being respectful of the staff and community members, it goes a long way

4 Likes

If anything this would be the answer.

1 Like