Having bank statements sent as emails

In my defence, I haven’t had the need to access one in over 20 years.
A quick look at my last month’s transactions is all I need :grin:

1 Like

Bank statements have a variety of uses apart from the obvious “seeing your balance” scenario. I recently had to show a bank statement as part of a DBS check to verify my identity.

1 Like

Is this not a more complicated solution compared to downloading it in the app?

2 Likes

Someone said my name, I'm frrrreeeee!

3 Likes

I was fortunate with that one.
My employer does DBS checks as a matter of course, but all the ID I needed was my driving licence.

Downloading in the app is and works great , have @Monzo thought about a pdf preview within the app before downloading the statement?

2 Likes

Not at all, the link in the email could be hybrid providing a different experience on desktop and mobile. On mobile, the link would simply open up the app (where the user is already authenticated) to the page where their bank statement can be downloaded (acting like a login to Monzo email link (shown below)). On desktop the user would login to their account and then would be allowed to download their bank statement. @Dan5
Screenshot 2020-03-14 at 21.54.36

Monzo USA Already does this every month for me by sending me a push notification via chat.

They do this even though it is available in app.

I think it might be a legal requirement.

Would this work for the OP if implimended in the UK?

Personally I find the message annoying as I don’t find find the statement hard to access. It is two taps in the app.

1 Like

You can already do this. Click “Print” then pinch to zoom the preview. It will open in QuickLook

Alternatively add this shortcut to your phone: Shortcuts

1 Like

Or use Markup if on iOS as I posted earlier :wink:

1 Like

Hard no from me or at least opt in; I try to receive the fewest emails possible!

Seems like the main issue @Konhub, correct me if I’m wrong, is how hard you found it to find a statement in the app? To me the help article is perfect and takes you to the statements list:

Does that mean you didn’t see the help article? This isn’t a dig at you; I see quite a lot of people posting about things that are available in help so maybe there’s an issue with how the help section is seen or utilised.

It’s a no from me, no need to work on something like this when it’s easy enough to just go to the statements section of the app to download whatever is needed

How is it hard?

It is literally 2 clicks:

1. Click Account

2. Click Statement History

Voila a list of all statements.

Easy enough. But the reverse order of transactions irks, rather. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I didn’t say it was hard; the OP did. I was trying to establish whether they had thought about the help articles and if not why.

Not everyone finds the app as intuitive as you do. For example your instructions aren’t very useful if you didn’t know you could see more options by dragging the feed down:

There is no “Account” on the home page without taking some action.

2 Likes

That’s not true

1 Like

@Js38wju3jda if you’re not interested in contributing to the topic from OP then please feel free to message me directly.

1 Like

Surely that’s the tail wagging the dog.

Navigating to the statement history screen is easy enough. Tapping the required statement should trigger either “View” or “Download”.

1 Like

I’d prefer this. I don’t particularly want to download Monzo statements, but the ability to view them in app would be nice.

2 Likes

Quite. It’s a simple solution. Incidentally, Starling began with a convoluted system which now mirrors the one I favour.

I still don’t get the reverse order for transactions - that’s just different for the sake of it. I can think of few other financial reports which work that way. Following the app-feed order doesn’t make sense.

1 Like