Have you gone #FullMonzo?

Ah :smiley: I wasn’t going to initially but the CASS guarantee covers any issues so thought it was a worth a go than manually moving 25 direct debits!

I suspect the back covering is around the lack of joint overdraft (which would prevent switching an overdrawn account) and wrong copy on the screens.

Monzo’s good at that sort of thing. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Yer I have nothing with them. I transfer the account fee as a standing order and then no other accounts with them haha

1 Like

I’ve had my Monzo account for some time, since the prepaid days. I’ve decided to go FullMonzo now that the option of a joint account is available. I’ll keep my First Direct account open just in case I have to ever deposit cash and just to have as a backup. I also have savings, mortgage there. I just much prefer Monzo for managing my day to day money and keeping on top of my finances.

With First Direct, do you have to pay a fee if you aren’t paying money into your account? One of the reasons I’m still getting my salary paid there.

1 Like

Just pulled this from their site for you:

Account Fees
There is no cost for the first six months. After that you can avoid paying the £10 monthly account fee by:

• paying at least £1,000 into the account every month
  • or maintaining an average monthly balance of £1,000
  • or also having a mortgage, credit card, Personal Loan, savings (except Regular Saver), First Directory or Home insurance with us.
1 Like

Yeah, I still have a credit card and savings with them so I shouldn’t be charged the fee.

1 Like

Thanks both, One step closer to #FullMonzo then!

Any idea if it is possible to set up a similar credit card payment in Monzo to the one I have in First direct, where you can set either the minimum or full amount to be taken out each month? Call FD?

You’d likely need to set up a direct debit for it with FD and specify min payment, full payment, fixed amount etc

1 Like

As @glasgow said yes, you just need to contact First Direct with your new sort code and account number :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok… so I’ve been #FullMonzo since it was possible… and this month should have shuttered 99% of issues from all… international payments, clean up of jar and of course joint accounts…

Just to put it out there… I’m off to santander tomorrow to open a child trust and isa, so this is one of two things I’d also love to be provided by monzo… and the second is access to investment products, out of ETF world

5 Likes

The sooner the marketplace comes along the better then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not sure about #fullmonzo, but the forum has gone #fulljack :joy:

15 Likes

Is it obvious I’m wide awake right now :face_with_monocle: ?

4 Likes

9 Likes

My first wages go into Monzo tomorrow. Had messages to say scheduled payments set up are too low amount at mo and could be declined but I am being paid tomorrow.

3 Likes

I’ve also just gone full Monzo. Took me a while but finally got round to it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I too have decided to take the plunge and go #FullMonzo.

There are some aesthetic improvements I would like to see and they may come along eventually but, for me, it was Summary that was the clincher.

Finances way more streamlined now.

5 Likes

Woohoo!! Welcome to the #fullmonzo crew!

1 Like

My move away from Santander completed today :raised_hands:t3::sparkles: I’m now #FullMonzo!

6 Likes