Grayed out amount / transaction

Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me with the translation below. It is a deposit that I was charged for last week, at a hotel in San Fransisco. The amount hasn’t been released back to my account and the hotel doesnt seem to know why that is. Any ideas on how I can get this amount back on my account? Thanks!

IMG_E2286%5B1%5D

If you go the the chat on the app they can release it back to you

3 Likes

I’ll second what @Rat_au_van said. It usually takes 7 days for authorisations to disappear, but in-app chat should be able to sort you out by manually removing it.

I found out from COop’s last week that they cant automatically undo authorisations from Hotels or Car Hire companies, as they have up to a month to complete the transaction… If you want Monzo to release it earlier then you need an email from the hotel to state no further charges are due and the bill has been finalised and then send that to Monzo and they will release the funds :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Andy is right, @ConnieConnie! Give us a shout once you get some proof from the hotel on the in-app chat or at help@monzo.com (using the email address you used to sign up to Monzo) and we’ll sort this out for you.

4 Likes

thanks! I will foward you an email from them now!