Google Pixel Fold

We will welcome you back and forget about your indiscretion :wink:

5 Likes

I’m at the pull trigger stage, and have been pondering for some time, usually it’s a mental health impulse thing :rofl: or a phase.

Or clearly an annual thing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Tech is fun it’s worth it :wink:

1 Like

Kept my Pixel 7 Pro for <3 weeks before I came running back to Apple and now I have a 14 Pro Max and Apple Watch Ultra.

5 Likes

I’m really liking the pixel 7a… Got used to the the slightly larger size than my 5, but it’s not excessive unlike the 6 which was just too big for me.

Even got used to the front facing fingerprint… much prefer rear though.

1 Like

My spare phone is a Pixel 6a, which I got for £149.99 from the Google Store (after Pixel 4a trade-in). Best cheap phone I’ve ever had.

3 Likes

What made you switch back?
I’ve an iPhone 14 Pro and considering get either a pixel pro 7 or Samsung S23 ultra.

1 Like

Do ittttt.

Adore my Pixel.

3 Likes

That Android is a mess in places and app quality is miles ahead on iOS. Plus you don’t have to tinker to make things work.

2 Likes

This.

1 Like

I’m curious what apps though? I’ve only found Kroo and Chase to be glitchy, zero other apps that I recall.

Chase has since resolved itself.

Every app I tried in general felt higher quality on iOS. There’s no decent Reddit client on Android that I could find, for instance. Only exception being Muzei, for which I would pay good money to have on iOS but alas, OS restrictions…

1 Like

For the moment until apple are forced to comply.

Same with USB C. These were the 2 things keeping me away from iOS but seeing how it plays out before jumping.

Knowing apple it will be restricted in some way.

1 Like

I think what you’re seeing here is the effect of designers in one ecosystem having to make an app compatible with a handful of different phones, and designers having to make an app compatible with thousands of different phones.

Regarding Reddit, I recommended skipping apps and using old.reddit.com in a browser. Much more usable I find than the modern site or any of the apps I’ve tried.

3 Likes

I don’t care about sideloading, in fact I hate that the EU feels they can meddle in private business to – what I see as – the detriment of consumer choice. People know what they get with iOS and I shouldn’t be forced to have what I knowingly chose and paid for taken away, my OS security reduced, and potentially having to go hunting for apps elsewhere.

I just want an API so apps can change the wallpaper.

1 Like

I’ve used both iOS and Android over the years and have not really seen a massive difference in the quality of the apps. The cost I have.

I also don’t have an issue about side loading. It’s up to individuals if they want to take that risk. Just don’t expect Apple to fix things if you screw your device up or get malware on it.

There is much I like about Apple devices but they really have stagnated for me. There is so much more personalisation they could allow and they don’t.

2 Likes

So did anyone get one in the end? I keep eyeballing them but I’m team iOS and usually get burned when I go to Android.

1 Like

Given the reports of it not folding fully flat and breaking easily I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole even if I wanted to switch to Android

3 Likes

I want one because it looks fun but I’m not going to get one. My razr’s having screen issues (line down the middle - I think it’s the screen protector not the screen itself, but annoying nonetheless) and it’s only 2/3 months old so I’m done with foldables.

It does fold flat, it just requires a bit of extra push on the hinge - the last 2 degrees or so have the joint a little tighter than the rest.

I still want one, but I’m freelancing at the moment and need to be careful with my coins until I land a full time role (hopefully not far off :pray:)

My 6 Pro contract is up in a month or so (whenever the 8 comes out) so if I have a new role then, I may treat myself.

4 Likes