Golden tickets

(Danny) #41

I have a golden ticket, where is my chocolate?

Seriously though what do I do with it, who do I give it to…

(Pablo Francisco Orvananos) #42

I’ve been waiting to acces Monzo for long time, if you share your golden ticket with me I will be very very greatful and send you tons of good karma! (my email is pablorva at gmail)

(Ben Green) #44

Do we get a notification when a friend uses our golden ticket?

(Tristan Thomas) #45

Not at the moment :slight_smile: But if you go on to the ticket, you’ll see it’s been used. We’re making this better :slight_smile:

(David Lynn) #47

I think this is a great idea, I will be able to get more people if I can jump them up the queue!

(Ash Kierans) #48

Is this something that’s only available on iOS so far?

I’m using Android atm, so not sure if it’s another mismatch in feature parity, or if I need to meet certain criteria before being getting a golden ticket to send!

(James Bentley) #49

What’s the criteria for these? I received one (:raised_hands:), but ideally want to invite other people. I’m a bit of an ambassador… :blush:

(Nicola) #50

How do I find out if I have a Golden Ticket? I was talking to a friend about it today but she was put off by the waiting time.

(Alex Sherwood) #51

You’ll receive a notification when you get one & they look like this in your feed -

Unfortunately, searching for “golden” doesn’t pick them up because they’re a feed item, not a transaction.

Also, the wait time is only

at the moment :slight_smile:

(Nicola) #52

Thanks! I’ve had a look through and it looks like I don;t have one.

(Alex Sherwood) #53

So the new test version of the app’s just come out & here’s how Golden Tickets will work, once it’s released in the next update (assuming that we don’t find any bugs) :slight_smile: -

(Kelvin Williams) #54

Today’s blog on Monzo.me says that Golden Tickets will now renew once they have been used. I had one a while ago and it was used so will I get a new one shortly?

(Ed Stubbs) #55

Still waiting for one :cry:

(Alex Sherwood) #56

Someone from the Monzo team mentioned that you can contact customer support to request a golden ticket when you need one :slightly_smiling_face:

(Ed Stubbs) #57

Nice :ok_hand: Need one now so I’ll give em a message. Cheers Alex

(Alex Sherwood) #58

To answer your question -

Date message :arrow_down: was sent was Jan 5th

(James) #59

Got mine via the app yesterday. Are ‘Golden Tickets’ renewed once you send it to someone and they sign up? I’ve now passed it onto 4 people. Getting a new one immediately after each successful sign up.

(Alex Sherwood) #60

Yes they are -

Golden tickets now automatically refresh so if you send yours to someone else and they use it, we’ll send you a new one to invite someone else.

Text copied from this blog post.

(Emilia Todorova) #61

Is this available to Android users at all? Haven’t received one yet so wondered if it is because I’m now an Android user…

(Andrew Schofield) #62

No, Android users can’t get the digital Golden Tickets (although new users signing up to monzo might get sent a physical one with their card).