Gift Monzo Plus šŸŽ

An idea to help drive revenue, an option to gift Monzo Plus to someone for 3, 6, 12 months.

Honestly, itā€™s a pretty :poop: gift (I can think of other gifts I would prefer), but itā€™s nice to have the option thereā€¦ right?

and did I mention it may help drive revenue?

The unchangeable date, payment that canā€™t come out of pots, is annoying.
I really want to gift myself honestly - but did I mention it may help drive revenue?:moneybag:

I do this with Netflix & Spotify

I can just see the look on my partnerā€™s face after she finds out what Iā€™ve got her for Christmas :joy:

12 Likes

Without the card, I donā€™t think this is a bad idea.

Not sure it works with the card being included.

1 Like

How come?

But you think itā€™s work the effort desire this becauseā€¦?

ā€¦

I donā€™t see the value of Monzo Plus for me, but if someone were to pay for it for me I wouldnā€™t say no. :grin: But I see the point - there are many things that could be described as a :poop: gift but worth buying for someone.

1 Like

Because of cancelling the card, reissuing a new card.

Monzo also donā€™t want a friction point. If you gift it to me, and I like it, I have to do something to renew it, thatā€™s going to cause cancellations. And then thereā€™s people that forget it expires and get new cards they donā€™t want because they wanted to keep Plus.

It gets very messy.

True, agree with you on that one. But theoretically, isnā€™t that the case with monthly payments anyway :woman_shrugging: can cancel cards reissue cards as many times as I want - for the price of Ā£5 a month.

Again, I agree, but Iā€™m sure a notification in the timeline to say your gift is going to expire, would be pretty cool. But equally, isnā€™t it the same with cancelling Monzo Plus now, still can forget it roll to the next month - negligence from the user can make things very messy. Un-Monzo like but just stirring the pot :stew:

Plus is good, but I donā€™t think it will make a good gift.

You have to put time and effort into using it and if you donā€™t continue to pay out of your own pocket youā€™ve lost it all :-1:

Similar to being gifted a puppy. It sounds great and who doesnā€™t love emā€™ but after the ā€œgiftā€ you have to pay to look after it.

So if you really wanted Plus (or a puppy), youā€™d be better buying it when ready instead of having it ā€œforcedā€ onto you via a ā€œgiftā€.

1 Like

@Ordog good example :joy:

I think the opinions towards if Monzo Plus being a good gift is down to the relationship between giver and receiver and not the potential revenue driving functionality of gifting a monzo product.

Buttt i still get what you and others are saying.

2 Likes

I like this idea but agree the card-factor may be an issue.

Youā€™re also ā€˜giftingā€™ them any resultant interest theyā€™d receiveā€¦ Doubly generous!

Betting companies set bonuses is a way that almost guaranties you will have spent the same amount (or more) with them before getting the bonus returned. That is why they are able offer the bonuses.

ā€¦ also sorry for being off topic :sweat_smile:

Very dodgy - gifting someone something that would have a recurring sub if they forgot to cancel it. Get them a box of chocolates instead.