Getting A Tattoo

Ahh I’m excited for you.
Are tattoos safe do you mean? Yes they are.
That isn’t a very painful position so don’t worry about it.

If you want to chat just message me. I know lots about tattoos and have 6 massive ones :heart_eyes:

Mine is pretty big on my forearm but didn’t hurt so much as felt uncomfortable. It was like someone dragging a blunt needle across your skin a lot. Best thing to do is shove on a podcast on headphones and ignore it. I was surprised when mine was finished.

I haven’t used them before but I’ve seen a lot of positive reviews of inkbox which offers semi-permanent tattoos of your design that last a couple of weeks, so you can try one or more styles of your desired artwork before you commit to a permanent tattoo.

1 Like

There’s a whole separate story about tattoo placement…Just how much more time is spent in choosing the tattoo design v deciding on the tattoo’s placement?

The future-proofing thing was important to me (I’ve got two - hidden under normal conditions). That was about not wanting to be judged at a later date (as judged, people surely are :smirk:).

Of course, having tattoos very much on show - for some - is the whole point…:slightly_smiling_face:

If you are doing a custom design, I would design it out / write it out and then sit on it for a few months.

It could be different if its just initials, but just be sure its definitely what you want.

I got mine done a year and a half ago. I drew it myself, a design which uses elements of the meanings of my parents surnames. I then waiting 8 months before I booked it in to make sure I still loved it and wasn’t just going along with it because of the ‘trend’.

I am the complete opposite. I just trust my artist and go with my ideas and they draw me up something amazing. Love them all and don’t regret them at all.

4 Likes

taat

Found this little guide on google…

My only n00b concern is the ink, im scared it will go into my veins lol. Or does the needle not go that far ?

1 Like

Doesn’t go that far the ink. I would recommend watching tattoo channels on YouTube like treacle tatts and more.

It will be fine dw!

2 Likes

Fair enough, thanks for all your input… really appreciate it.
Can’t wait to get it done, bit anxious as it’s my first ever but I’ve had blood tests and injections regularly for the past 4 years so im guessing it will be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

The pain isn’t nearly what you imagine it would be, its more an irritating scratch on the skin. Probably more intense on your chest and other softer areas but honestly I have a low pain tolerance and was fine.

This is mine on my forearm btw :smiley:

IMG_6891

8 Likes

wow that looks impressive !

Guessing it took about an hour or so ? was it your design ?

Maybe 90 mins or so, but i zoned out with a podcast! It was one of those super hot sweaty days last summer. And the artist was a curvy girl who positioned me in a way where her breast was sat on my hand for the whole time, and i couldn’t move :grimacing: I can only assume she knew I was gay, or she just didn’t care given she had to hold position for the whole time too.
The design is based on one i found online and loved and she redid it in her style a bit. So you’d recognise the original photo as being similar but the shading and lines are different.

2 Likes

I personally hate tattoos and wouldn’t ever consider getting one, but one thing I will say is that they certainly can come in handy.

My dad had a quadruple bypass back in 2000 and the surgeon used his massive chest tattoo to line him back up…resulting in probably the neatest scar the world has ever seen!

4 Likes

Do you guys think that chart is accurate? Will be the same spot as casparemi but a lot smaller and will be three letters

Will have a shower before I go, just to make sure it’s clean.

Umm not exactly. Any bone is a red basically so up the middle of your legs is red. I’ve also heard head is pass out mode.

1 Like

Yep I can imagine anything boney would be quite uncomfortable

Hope it goes well. You’ll be fine!

I got my first one done at 25, but I’m going to get my second one done soon - a fern on my arm for my granddad who passed recently. This is my current one!

4 Likes

Without turning this into why does Rachel have soo many massive tattoos here’s one :rofl:
This was in memory of my loving hamster called Pizza. He helped me through the worst time of my life mentally.

19 Likes

That’s insane, it looks wicked!
I’ll be going with my sister to keep me company lol

Does it itch after? I heard they put a cling film-like thing over it