Future Card Delivery Times & Details On Card

There won’t be sort codes or accounts numbers on the cards, there are a few reasons for this but ultimately it’s an unnecessary security vulnerability if cards are lost or stolen.

That shouldn’t be a problem :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Naji, could you elaborate on the ‘reasons’ behind not including sort codes or account numbers on the cards? Are there any limitations in not including these?

thanks

The main reason isn’t security actually. A debit card is really just a physical token that points to an account, and in future the association between the card an account might be temporal. For example, when we support multiple accounts/money pots, it might be possible to temporarily switch your card from your current account to your savings account so you can make a large purchase without needing to move money around first. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Hi all :slight_smile:

I have just requested my card from the apps (33K people before me). I am going on holidays on the 9th of September. Do you think I will receive it on time ?

Also I have heard that if I top up £100 in advance on my card, I can receive it earlier ? however I did not find where to do it from the apps.

I am planning to share this card with my boyfriend, can we transfer money from our 2 accounts ?

Thanks for your future anwers :slight_smile:

You have to top up £100 in order to get the card at all so that’s not a means of getting through the queue faster unfortunately.

Here’s a Golden Ticket. If you go to the link and enter the same email address you signed up to Monzo with, you will skip the queue.

Once done, you will need to top up £100 and your card should be sent out in the next 1-2 days.

Great ! that is all I needed :slight_smile: thanks

1 Like

thanks for your reply. However I have not seen anywhere to top up from the apps ?

That top-up option only appears once you reach the front of the queue (which is why the Golden Tickets, or getting friends to sign up, is the only way to get the card faster).

all ok now :slight_smile: I used the link from another comments. Perfect. Many thanks all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you can also change the ‘top up’ card in the app so shouldn’t be a problem to log on with your boyfriends DEBIT card and use all his money :slight_smile:

ahah thanks :slight_smile: It is just for travelling. will put both the same amount on it and we will use this card for our expensive. Better than doing a transfer each time, or paying each time him or me. There is always one paying more than the other

bear in mind you will have limits on the amount you can spend on one card if you are paying for two peoples bills :slight_smile:

shows the ATM limits etc in section 17

might be worth getting a card each - for the backup of greater limits and for the case of losing card and or phone ???

and thats another beauty of Monzo app - with two cards you will both be able to tell what you have both spent on Holiday / between given dates / in different countries etc when you get back and split it equally and one send the other the difference :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes indeed, it is why I like it.

He is getting one too ^^ good idea to have 2.

We will use it more for small amount like sharing patrol, restaurant, etc (bigger amount like car rental is paid in advance so should be fine).

Thanks for your tips :wink:

1 Like

Hi, how can I get a new gold ticket for my boyfriend card ?

Here:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.