Further ideas for Monzo Premium

Hi I am a new Monzo premium customer and loving all the new features and perks. However I would love to see discounts available for the following items if possible:

1. Discounts of upto 15% off the total bill on restaurants in the UK and abroad and major hotel and retail outlets.

2. Being rewarded to use my monzo card more often. I would be more inclined to use my monzo card everywhere if I was rewarded more and received discount on restaurants while dining out.

Would love to hear what you think of the ideas?

I don’t think you’ll find anyone against your idea, I mean who wouldn’t want discounted things :grin:

It’s how viable it is in business terms that needs to be considered. After all that’s what Monzo is.

Would Monzo make money by giving us discounts from restaurants in addition to everything you already get? How do they get all London restaurants on board? What about people outside of London like me? How would I benefit from this?

1 Like

Outside London people aren’t sophisticated enough to have meals out

8 Likes

The obvious is just to partner with one of those things like Tastecard or whatever it is called, then it’s no different to things like the airport lounges, someone else gets the hassle of administering it, you charge the end customer £X for membership which is heavily discounted from retail as it’s via Monzo, bank takes a small percentage as it’s part, scheme takes the rest.

1 Like

I haven’t yet worked out the specifics or how to administer ut yet will get back to you on that :slight_smile:

I was just thinking of how to use monzo more often which would benefit Monzo but also their customers as well.

1 Like

I’d rather have 50%

3 Likes

Oop North a “meal out” means you eat the chips ‘n’ gravy as you walk home from t’chippy, rather than save it until you get home.

That’s the truth an’ all.

6 Likes

Why just London. What about other places like all uk? Seems biased

1 Like

Sorry, what? Can you explain why just London? Do Monzo users outside of London get a cheaper version of Premium or something in your world?

1 Like

Clearly, Monzo don’t have any customers outside of London, as mobile phones haven’t been invented there yet. Obviously!

1 Like

Hey Sorry please accept my humble apologies. Let me rectify myself and rephrase.

3 Likes

We are.

We have Drive Thru McDonald’s in the Midlands :joy:

2 Likes

I think the discount should get bigger the further away you are to London to encourage people to visit all areas of the UK.

2 Likes

Why have you picked 15%? If you just plucked that out of thin air, why not ask for 100% off? Or Monzo pays you to eat yourself into a coma?

1 Like

Yeah that is a good idea. I like that

1 Like

Free meals if you have dinner in Australia?

Just need them to cover the airfare and hotels as well now

1 Like

I once tried to get gravy from KFC down south and they don’t do it. True story. It ruined my day :sob:

Glad I’m up north. Does that mean 100% off for me :eyes:

1 Like

I was in London for a month and I got eyeballed when I asked for pudding, chips and gravy :joy: they didn’t have puddings or gravy :confused:

2 Likes

God. Save us from martyred northerners.

The number of times I hear “no one talks on the tube like they do in Liverpool”.

Go back to Liverpool then if you want to chat to randoms on public transport, London’s where you live if you don’t want to talk to anyone.

1 Like