Flying with Level ✈️ / Merchant Acceptance

Not sure whether this sits best here or in the help category so admins feel free to move.

Level are a relatively new airline owned by IAG who operate BA, Vueling, Aer Lingus and Iberia. They’re based in Vienna and their only UK route is daily between LGW and VIE, but it happens to be one I use quite often.

Our Monzo cards have never been accepted in-flight on Level. I first reported this to the team via Twitter back in August 2018. I was hoping things would be ironed out, so I tried my card again on a flight last Monday but it was declined again.

Are there any plans to get this working? As you can imagine it’s quite difficult to just pop to a cash machine when you’re at 35,000 feet.

If it helps I sucked up the non-sterling fee and paid with my HSBC card this time around and the transaction came through as ‘Versilia Solutions, Northamption’.

Danke!

3 Likes

Have you emailed the details to acceptance@monzo.com so the Monzo guys can find out what’s going on and also escalate it to MasterCard for non compliance

4 Likes

I’ll get that done today, thanks Andy!

1 Like