Floating notification every time I open Monzo app

Hi there

As the title suggests everytime I open the Monzo app I get a floating notification at the bottom. Only happens with Monzo, I do have other banking apps on the phone but this only happens to the Monzo app (see screenshot).
It cause no harm but is just annoying, btw the phone is an Oppo 10x zoom.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hi @Tron (great username btw) - and welcome :wave:

That looks like some sort of launcher overlay. I’m not an Oppo user, but the display suggests control over certain system settings (not Monzo related)

I don’t see this at all on stock Android, so it may be something you can disable in your phone settings - specifically check the :monzo: app settings/permissions in the Oppo settings.

4 Likes

I bought a OnePlus Nord 2T recently (I believe OnePlus and Oppo are closely related). The phone is convinced that Monzo is a game and kept nagging me to choose gaming mode for the app. I couldn’t find a way to convince it not to do this so ended up just clicking OK and now I get this appearing for a few seconds every time I start Monzo:

I assume this is some quirk of their implementation of Android.

3 Likes

I recall somewhere you can turn game mode off. A few banking apps had it.

I don’t have android so I can’t work out the process, maybe in the google store settings?

3 Likes

How odd…

2 Likes

Hi there

It was gaming mode and I found the setting in that ‘Game’ app, see attached screenshots.
Thanks so much to everyone it was annoying me.

3 Likes

Glad to hear it’s fixed - and thanks for the feedback :+1:

1 Like