[Android] Overlay detected despite there being no overlays

Issue:
Overlay app blocking payment to another mozo account. Account transfers were working 2 days ago too.

Details to reproduce:
All background apps closed, overlay bubbles closed too

Android 8.1.0

Device:
Samsung Note 9

App Version:

Screenshots:

Hmm what’s that thing on the left edge of the screen? It looks slightly similar to the Samsung edge swipe thing?
Edit: “One Hand Operation +” via Samsung Good Lock?

3 Likes

Your keyboard is still open. For me, as I don’t have a stock Android keyboard, the keyboard has go be closed before payment can be made.

2 Likes

I’ve had a problem recently, where Facebook Messenger is still overlaying, even though it’s closed.
Luckily the version of Android I have, states when an app is overlaying, including its name which so happens to be Messenger.

To add, I think the message needs some refinement as my mother had this same issue and she had no clue what it meant.

2 Likes

where Facebook Messenger is still overlaying, even though it’s closed.

I wonder why… :thinking:

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly!
I’m probably going to install the Lite version again as they’ve made it really difficult to use via mobile web.

I took that screenshot to show the error message and that no chat bubbles are showing, but unfortunately it had the keyboard. I have tried it both with the keyboard down and up and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. As for the Samsung edge app bar that has been there by default since I got my phone and shouldn’t be an issue with using monzo as I’ve made transfers before with it there as well as the messenger chat bubble and app active too. It’s a weird one…

Are all permissions allowed for the Monzo app? Permission request popups can cause this error

just a small update (would have been nice to have had some input from the monzo team), but I solved this issue by turning off all screen overlays in settings.
settings > apps > special access (3 dots at top right on samsung) > Appear on top .
hope this helps someone

1 Like