Flagging etc

Don’t have access to that thread.

Well for future reference, if you see a like from me on a post it means I think that post makes a good point and has merit or I agree with the sentiment.

I never suggested this to be the case. I did suggest, however, that posts that were five weeks or more old suddenly became toxic. Prior to that, they appeared to have been appreciated by some.

1 Like

@Apostle I agree with what you are saying

Yes, that’s true. No one is ever allowed to criticise Monzo on these forums, who are Perfect and Can Do No Wrong. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

There’s plenty of criticism about aspects of Monzo, or decisions they’ve taken, on this forum. What there isn’t is derogatory references to them, and I agree that the mild ridicule of Starling was allowed to go on too long. There’s a difference between useful criticism and name-calling. Some people resort to too much name-calling with regards to Starling, but I think criticism about all companies (including Monzo) is allowed and one of the strengths of this forum.

3 Likes

At Monzo, we don’t engage in “bad sportsmanship”.

We congratulate companies that do well, and if something goes wrong for them, we look to see if we can learn from it to ensure similar things don’t happen to us.

We don’t engage in sniping at our competitors - even if they’ve sniped at us. We aren’t perfect either, and there are things that other companies, if they wanted to, could pick up on and make demeaning comments about. That’s the nature of businesses operating in the same space but with different approaches.

We don’t want to have to heavily moderate the forum and for the most part have only needed to send gentle PM’s when things may cross a line. However, at this point we’d rather not see the use of a certain acronym continuing. It’s just not reflective of us as a company, and by its nature, our community is an extension of the company in many ways.

Feel free to message me at any time with any thoughts and concerns. I’m out here in California for the next month, so timezones etc, but I will always reply.

6 Likes

@Feathers Why don’t I have access to this thread?

Just to clarify my earlier post, this is just about how we’d like to see things moving forward.

Flagging all previous posts wasn’t necessary and I completely understand why @anon72173902 is feeling annoyed about this.

Let’s just all try and keep things civil :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes