Is it just me or

…are there a lot of people here who think that something should be a certain way because it’s exactly the way THEY want it and therefore every other option is wrong? You know, the ‘sod everyone else, if it isn’t [this way] it’s rubbish?’. When did we all get so blinkered and inconsiderate to the workings, habits, and thoughts of others?

Also, is there really a trend of frozen accounts and rogue transactions, many of them being reported in the forum by first time users? Is this something I should also be concerned about? Or, you know, not?

And finally, why is blue?

10 Likes

I blame Brexit :rofl:

2 Likes

Dang, should’ve run a book on someone saying that!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

*cough* locked pots *cough*

2 Likes

You’ve just summarised the internet :laughing:

Anywhere that you allow comments this will happen. As an example, just look at the comments section on any BBC News article :no_mouth:

4 Likes

Thread closure imminent :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Why would you put yourself through that kind of misery and pain?

3 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t, but off the top of my head that is the worst place that I could think of to make my point :joy:

2 Likes

I like reading Daily Mail comments. I think I’m a masochist.

5 Likes

That’s just… no, just no

2 Likes

I might copy pasta over on FTT for lulz

2 Likes

During the day it’s not likely :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t tend to see any Coral Crew and very rarely mods until later on.

1 Like

No mods? We should probably riot then. :grin:

2 Likes

3 Likes

OK, the rest of the my post is a little tongue in cheek but I do wonder if the above is more of a concerted effort to bad mouth Monzo from within its own forum??

Fake news trying to set a narrative for AML KYC but we can’t talk about that as we get in trouble

2 Likes

I don’t think so.

People’s accounts get closed for whatever reason by any bank following UK regulations, it just happens to be the case that Monzo has a forum (while most traditional banks don’t), so the only time you hear about them is when someone manages to get the press to write about it.

2 Likes

What is this AML KYC you speak of?

This is interesting to me, where are the mods during the day?

AML (Anti-Money Laundering) regulations with the aim of preventing money laundering
KYC (Know-Your-Customer) regulations related to ascertaining the identities of customers.

This blog post briefly explains what Money Laundering is.

2 Likes