Fireworks Petition

On the back of another forum where several people commented on their distaste of fireworks, I thought some might want to sign this petition.

I don’t know if I’m allowed to post this so please feel free to delete if I’m breaking rules but I have to admit it scares my dogs, it’s annoying when they go off after or before and I heard a story from a friend how a bonfire event she was at was ruined when teenagers ran up to the bonfire and threw fireworks into it.

Not against fireworks per se…but I believe they shouldn’t be available for general sale.

4 Likes

This country is becoming a joke :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I’m fine with tightening the rules on who can buy them, but a full out ban, really??

6 Likes

My dog is petrified of them, but banning them is silly. There’s probably an argument for more legislation, that’s about it.

4 Likes

Just licensed venues, definitely. R-

Not saying a full out ban, just from general public.

To me, it seems like there are more and more idiots out there who are misusing them. I have read stories for homeless people having fireworks shoved in their tents, youths throwing them on to fireworks and just generally inconsiderate people letting them all hours of the night.

I genuinely believe that only venues should be able to buy fireworks for shows and they are to be licensed. Local community business’ would do better with more people going to them and they’ll be in a controlled environment.

1 Like

I don’t personally want to ban them but equally don’t see why you need to buy them rather than go to a display. I think a lot of it is down to common curtsey though, e.g. warn your neighbours a few days before and no one will complain, if you just let them off without warning them then that’s selfish

1 Like

My dog loves fireworks :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t think they should be banned completely, but restrict the times they can be used (almost like a grace period for dog owners).

Let the owners take their dog out for a walk before the pandemonium beings.

Almost saw a working cocker-spaniel get ran over last night as it darted out of the park and onto the road.

1 Like

I had fireworks shot at my car last night,

I would like to see a ban personally, but I don’t think there is really a legal (for lack of a better word) basis for banning them, sale is for over 18 and there is no reason why adults can’t use them , but there’s that Vs widespread ASB.

Although maybe they should be considered like lasers ? illegal as they are dangerous

People who are firing them at cars and cops wouldn’t care about any sort of time restrictions

2 Likes

True… there’s always going to be some that won’t give a f***, but most decent folk would adhere to time restrictions

Most people yes, but I think most people are not signing it because of the noise at night but because of the noise scaring kids/animals at any time and the damage and injuries it causes.

A ban won’t work. Licensing won’t work. All they do is stop people use them as they were intended, idiots always manage to get hold of them.
Used to be banned here but now it’s a licensing system. Kids still buy them at markets and spend october evenings throwing them at people

1 Like

This is just the case of a few ruining it for everyone else. This can be seen with everything and not just fireworks. Punish those that are at fault rather than make everyone else suffer

4 Likes

I’ve felt they should only be sold to licensed event holders only for years but people act like I’m banning kids from eating sweets. They’re a literal terror, getting fired at people down streets, absolutely petrifying pets and wild animals, and they don’t all get let off on one night, people keep at it for days and weeks afterwards. I’m very happy to sign and share this petition.

1 Like

No one is suffering from not having personal fireworks. Help organise a proper display somewhere in a park, just don’t let them off in your back garden and piss off your neighbours, their pets, and everyone who doesn’t respond well to loud stimuli.

2 Likes

My neighbors get their friends and family over to enjoy fireworks and good for them, it would be selfish of me to try and ruin that for them. My dog hates fireworks which means my nights are spent indoors taking care of him when the fireworks are on but I don’t try to legislate something just because I don’t like it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Micky, the irresponsible ones are spoiling the fun. That, and the injuries caused each year I think argues the case for restricting general public use. R-

1 Like

I don’t want to be a negative Nigel but this seems very out of place in here as a post.

1 Like