FAQ (Simplified)

Just talking privately with @DaveTMG about this FAQ. I think that one ‘general’ FAQ will become difficult to maintain and manage accurately as people start to add and change.

I can see the merit in a TLDR version of FAQ’s but wouldn’t it make sense to tag them on to existing wiki’s where relevant instead of having all TLDR’s in one place (which will probably end up pretty long!) Not everyone is looking for the level of detail found in some our existing Wiki’s but splitting the same information out into new FAQ’s seems like unnecessary admin work and maybe more confusing?

I’m also working on a new sticky welcome post which will be pinned to the forum homepage. If we add TLDR’s to existing Wiki’s and then start new ones where there is an information gap I can link all of these out in this post. Should bring things together nicely for new users.

What are your thoughts?

3 Likes

Yeah, I think if the welcome post points towards some “common” threads - ie the Current Account thread that might help?

Obviously you really cannot mitigate for all stupidity but if people have some idea that there are a few massive threads and some wikis that should help with the common question repetition.

1 Like

We do have more than enough info on this forum but sometimes people find it easy to ask repeatedly instead of searching.

Just to follow up on what @naji mentioned, I think we need a short snappy TLDR - the other wikis are full of info, but one of the sad facts of the modern internet is that the more comprehensive and carefully worded a help document is, the less likely newcomers will read it.

When people see ‘wiki’ they think wikipedia - oh god I’ll have to read tomes just to find the answer to my simple question, I think I’ll just ask instead.

So I do think there is room for a tongue in cheek, slightly irreverent FAQ which maybe points to the places to get the in depth info. I strongly suspect that the links will be infrquently used though.

Bump for n00bs

characters for 20

Also why is this not pinned?

It is pinned - but only in ‘Monzo’ category. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to pin at top of latest AFAIK.

Edit: actually maybe there is a way… Hold tight.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.