Exporting spending data on Android

:eyes:

Kavi, you are officially my banking hero.

2 Likes

Yesssssss @kavi, this could be the feature that takes me to Monzo full-time. Is this pre-pay, retail, or both?

How do releases work now with two apps? Do things go into both or one or the other?

Just yesterday I felt the need for this feature, knowing Monzo I already had a feeling that itā€™ll be in development somewhere. Thanks!!

1 Like

Both where possible. Weā€™ll be merging the apps at some point in the near future anyway, so this wonā€™t be an issue.

1 Like

This should work on both the pre-paid, and current account.

2 Likes

Looks like just the pre-paid account at the moment? :frowning: @kavi

Yes, but have a look at this. There is mention of more updating due tomorrow and full parity for migration quite soon.

Hi Monzo team,
Loving the app but really need the download transaction option to make it easier to manage my finance for Android. When is this launching??

Thanks! Keep up the great work

Itā€™s launched already if you update the app it is in the top right of the ā€œSpendingā€ tab

Hi,
Iā€™m on version 1.12.1 and seem no further update in PlayStore. Still cant see the option.

Thanks

Iā€™ve just received the update, and this is a great feature. Any way of manually choosing my own date parameters to search?

1 Like

Same here.

No update available on Play Store either.

1 Like

Might just be on PlayStoreā€™s beta channel not yet out fully.

Hereā€™s a guide on how to join it

2 Likes

Yep, itā€™s added in 1.13.0
Iā€™m guessing this must be a Beta channel update. I canā€™t imagine it will be too long before it becomes generally available on the Playstore.

Should be in the general release in the next few days :grinning:

2 Likes

This is great!
I have a few requests:

• Do not export declined transactions
  • Do not export transactions with the value zero
  • Can I have a day field, preferably with format dd-mm-yyyy ?
  • Can you add the format QFX or OFX?

This is me trying to synch up with Goodbudgetā€¦
Thanks!

2 Likes

Agree with pauloyaā€™s points.

Declined transactions in the exports are a real pain. If there was some tag (both in QIF and CSV) that identified them as declined, that would make them easier to deal with. A (better?) alternative would be to add a reversing transaction. At least then youā€™d have the information (there was an attempted transaction) and the accounting system would not have inaccurate balances.

(Iā€™m running on Android, exporting to GnuCash. From my point of view, OFX would be a better format than QIF)

2 Likes

To follow on from the otherā€™s requests, I have got a couple of requests / feedback of my own on the csv export.

Please, can you remove the UTC offset ( ā€œ+0000ā€ ) from the created column, or separate this to its own column? When viewing the csv in Excel, this extra information alongside the timestamp prevents Excel recognising this as a date/time column. This makes filtering impossible as each line is interpreted as a separate text item.

Also, the addition of a column for resulting balance for each transaction row would be great.

Personally, if these two changes were made, the data export would be an adequate alternative in lieu of an online banking solution being offered.

1 Like