The Next Step: Current Accounts!

Monzo.me is awesome!! Agree that CASS is more important initially but Monzo.me needs to come along at some point. It’s so handy for people to pay without transferring bank details, and they can it via Apple Pay!!

Currently, as far as I’m aware, it’s only in the US.

Android users, though. :roll_eyes:

I never said you said that it was n…, oh never mind. :neutral_face:

Not yet, I don’t think. It wasn’t released with iOS 11.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/03/apple-pay-cash-release-date-testing/

1 Like

Totally agree.
Monzo me is fundamental to how we use monzo.
Please please …:pray:

1 Like

Naji also said once that Crown Dependency addresses in Channel Isles and Isle of Man were also OK…is that still true?

Congratulations! Looking forward to the next steps.

1 Like

I’m also in the camp of CASS before Monzo.me. It’s been a total pain in the bum trying to switch some of my Direct Debits on the trial.

1 Like

OK, I’m a bit confused.

All Pre-paid Card users will be invited to “upgrade” to the Current Account.

I’m a Pre-paid Card user AND a TestFlight Current Account user.

So what happens? Do I get the Pre-paid Card user invite and “upgrade” and have two Current Accounts, or do I not get the Pre-paid Card use invite because I already have a Test Flight Current Account?

Do I then get an invite to “upgrade” by TestFlight Current Account to the “new” Current Account.

Am I the only one that is confused of the process?

1 Like

your prepaid will close and balance and data will merge with the preview CA you have and you will get a new debit card…that,s my understanding

Halfway down this page they explain what happens to people already previewing the account.

Over the coming weeks we’ll get in touch through the app to ask you to migrate your prepaid account. With a few taps, you’ll be able to transfer your balance and information over to your current account.

So notification is given through the TestFlight CA app. The Pre-Paid account is migrated - but to where? The TestFlight CA app, or to a new CA app?

I’m sure it will all work fine, but I’m just anxious not to end up with duplicate or additional accounts.

The main pre-paid app will be updated within coming weeks and become the Monzo app. In the background your accounts (pre-paid and current) will in essence be merged. The Monzo app will look at that.

The TestFlight App will go away, as this was just a bare minimal app to cope with the new current account features (DD/SO/etc).

So you’ll end up with one account (a CA) and one App.

2 Likes

Hi all - first post.

I’m one of the people who only got the Monzo card for use abroad (no huge ATM withdrawals though, promise) and so won’t be switching over to the current account. Monzo is great, the app is cool, but I’m not the target market for it.

Is there an easy way for me to transfer the remaining balance back into my bank account? It’s not a huge amount and if needs be I could withdraw as much cash as possible and put the rest into an Amazon voucher, but if there’s a better way then let me know.

Cheers
Chris

Have a word with someone on the in-app chat. They should be able to help you.

Thanks, will do. Was expecting a more angry reply, given your avatar…

2 Likes

Hi,

confused with this change?
Does this mean using the card abroad it may start costing?
They posted about ATM charges before? When will this happen? Can i use my current monzo card the next few weeks without any issues?

I’m not (yet) particularly interested in the current account (I’m old enough that I like to do my ‘grown-up’ banking on a real computer), but I love the prepaid card and use it for budgeting. Is the intention to eventually shut these down? :frowning:

2 Likes

Would I still be able to use my prepaid Monzo card after I sign up for the current account?

1 Like

Top the account up from your Bank Account to the nearest £10 and then draw out the cash at an ATM. Or if you drive, spend the exact amount on the card in fuel! :slight_smile:

Yes, but (as far as I’m aware) there’s no reason you can’t just use the current account in the same way as the prepaid: that’s what I’m planning to do.

2 Likes