Erroneously charged by TFL

I have been charged by TFL for arriving at Gatwick from my overground rail journey. I tapped my electronic ticket but received a charge, presumably via Apple Pay. The security guy saw this and told me I needed to contact my bank. Help!

Speak to TFL

1 Like

Monzo would need to know that youā€™ve done everything possible to get the charge refunded. Youā€™d have to contact TfL to inform them of the charge been taken in error, theyā€™ll likely just reverse it once theyā€™ve checked systems etc etc.

1 Like

Pop onto contactless.tfl.gov.uk to dispute it. You donā€™t need an account if it was within the past 7days.

3 Likes

TfL are actually pretty good at refunding charges in my experience. Speak to them and they might sort you out pretty quick.

2 Likes

Thanx for the good advice guys ā€¦ have contacted TFL so fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure there is a ā€œtappableā€ electronic ticket that can be installed on a phone. The only ones that Iā€™ve seen are QR or bar code based (canā€™t remember which) and need to be scanned by a suitably equipped ticket barrier. See National Rail Enquiries -

ā€œTappableā€ electronic tickets normally need to be installed on a smartcard as far as Iā€™m aware so if you tapped your phone at the barrier then (I believe) TfL might have actually correctly charged you because of that action.

As others have said, theyā€™re normally pretty good at refunding.

1 Like