Don't go, coral card! šŸ˜

I donā€™t think thatā€™s insignificant. Usability is a key aspect of anything. Someone with limited sight would probably be able to whip out their Mondo card with ease if it stands out like that.

3 Likes

Exactly my pointā€¦ none of which seem to be on offer from my current bankā€¦just the custom card design!

I love the hot coral coloured card and I would hate to see it go.
A lot of positive comments.

2 Likes

Hot coral all the way :raised_hands:t3:. I had a number of people remark on the colour while waiting to be served at the bar over the weekend and I naturally found myself selling Mondo to them.

3 Likes

I like the blue card. But one thing I would like to keep, that is the white card number and expire date and name. Because for so many card tried these in sliver, and sliver wears off in about three months, what you left is a card that number is the same color as background. But the white digit is actually prevent this happening. I think also the white numbers will be more pop (my eye sign isnt that good and its easier for me to read)

I would be gutted to lose the coral card. I spotted someone using one in a coffee shop and had to ask them what it was so I could have one. Its unlikely I would have become a customer so soon otherwise. It was the only factor. I knew nothing about your product at that stage. Itā€™s the best looking card. It goes perfectly with my CDG neon wallet! Please donā€™t take it away! Donā€™t go boring or at least give us a choice. Virgin give a choice for credit card design, which is more thoughtful than most, but they spoil it with too much branding. The minimalist design of the mondo card is perfect.

10 Likes

Please keep the coral card. :smiley: Itā€™s unique and everyone always comments on it. :slight_smile: Not to mention you canā€™t really confuse it with others.

3 Likes

Every time I use it, the love pours out for the colour. :heart_exclamation:

1 Like

What about mixing both colours? Keep the coral colour, but add in some of the blue - that in my opinion looks equally good.
The coral would continue from mondoā€™s current card and will help with brand continuity, while the blue fits in well with the design of the mondo app.
In terms of symbolising mondoā€™s visions and aims, the stark contrast and harsh lines could play on the idea of being different and unique compared to other banks; none of whom have similarly designed cards nor features and services.

15 Likes

PLEASE donā€™t lose the choral colour! I really like the colour and so many people have commented on it. It is such a unique and distinctive part of the brand.

3 Likes

Personally id love to pay Ā£5 just to have my own personalised card. i know barclays used to do this, so i know it is possible. However, i would like a card that is a special edition for the first who signed up like we did. Could we have pictures of the mondo team on the card or something extra special. The bank is ment to be ā€˜personalā€™ not generic, i do like the coral card but generic is tooo generic in the nose of marketing these days. So what i am saying is that someone at some cash register is going to ask about a more personalised card and where a person got it from. ITs word of mouth marketing at its best. I know this has happened to me when i had a paypal card.

1 Like

Yes, the ā€œchoralā€ colour has people singing!

5 Likes

Haha! Oops! Well spotted!:smile::smile:

Well, hot coral is about to hit Los Angles, and there Iā€™m sure it WILL have to compete with the ā€˜blackā€™ / centurion AMEXs of this world.

Letā€™s see what our cousins think of it. #coral4life

2 Likes

The brighter the better! It brightens up my mood as I spend away. It is a stand out colour and card, all of my other card and store cards are boring and safe colours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+1 for the coral colour. Stands out nicely in the wallet.

1 Like

I think keeping the hot coral is even more important now that the name is changing. I donā€™t love the name Mondo (gasp/horror) - but it was simple and easy for people to remember. On the regular occasions when cashiers and the like commented on the card and asked where they were available from - simplicity was key. There needs to be some consistency during the name change. Keeping the M and the card colour will help.

Iā€™ve said it before - hot coral is genius marketing.

5 Likes

Mondo is different and exciting, and certainly the alpha/beta cards reflected that. When I received the deep blue heavy-weighted envelope I didnā€™t realise it was Mondo at first - when was the last time a bank had presentation skills like that? Unless youā€™re part of some high-spending club, I suspect never. The hot coral (Iā€™d call it orangey-pink, but Iā€™m R/G colourblind so I donā€™t fancy descriptions) looks great, although I do really like the other design.
Personally Iā€™d love to keep the hot coral once :mondo: goes full bank, ideally with the beta marking too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think itā€™s worth considering that future users wont be as enthusiastic as us, or might prefer a more bland design, and so I do think the design at the beginning of the thread should be available in the future.
The hot coral should be available as an option or an alpha/beta reward though as so many of us love it, and Iā€™m sure many more will come to love it.

4 Likes

I not my card yesterday and love it! In one evening out I got asked 3 times ā€œthatā€™s a bright card, what is it?ā€. Genius! All three people got a quick app demo and 2 signed up there and then. This was in DORSET where nothing ever moves on and people are terrified of change. Itā€™s a piece of marketing genius and I love it!

6 Likes