Don't go, coral card! 😍

The only reason I signed up was for the coral card! My husband heard about Mondo from one of his work colleagues and to be honest I wasn’t really listening to all the amazing features he was telling me about but as soon as he said “it’s got a neon coral card” that sold it for me :smile: !! I’ve since become obsessed with all the features and being unlike a regular bank but really, you had me at the card colour :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

One more point for the coral card. Security against fraud!

A Barclays anti card fraud campaign is showing this video about a card swap fraud.

The good thing about the coral card is:
a) its not as easy to find a matching card
b) If I didn’t see my beta coral card flashing to my eyes I’d be suspicious immediately and would just freeze it.

But to be fair, with mondo regardless of the card colour I can keep it frozen all the time until I need it.
The only problem I see with this is online services like iTunes, or even TFL where you don’t know when the transactions are going to come trough.

Maybe a general freeze combined with a on demand unfreeze for ATMs and POSs. Something like locked by default and user can unlock for a period of time or until next transaction, whichever happens sooner.

1 Like

I like the proposed gif card in navy blue, but I think it definitely loses some of the edge of the coral cards. Maybe you could compromise by keeping the nice rich coral color with a matte texture, and then including the glossy stipples from the gif? You could even include some navy by making it the color for the Mondo logo text. Just a thought. Not a graphic designer but would love to see someone draw this up ;).

I think moving away from the pink would be a bit of a misstep despite how nice the navy looks. Mondo is still trying to be something different from typical banks, which should be reflected in the full release cards. I think some form of coral is definitely the way to go because it really matches with what you’re trying to communicate and is excellent for brand recognition. Maybe just try to think of a way to mature the design slightly for the full release.

Please keep Coral…like so many have said…it stands out and it’s a conversation starter…it’s different just like Monzo :smile:

1 Like

So, sticking my oar in - I’m torn here so - why not both? Not sure how plausible it is from a card distribution point of view, but as a user, when I order a new card - having the choice to choose a colour would be nice - maybe add a couple of more variants in too - the logo happens to have four very nice matte colours to it… Design point of view for the app, order a new card - choose display name perhaps, mr/no me, full middle names, initials - all bank cards change anyway and combine this with a preview of the card with a colour picker that changes the preview, all possible technically! Just depends if be distribution network is up to it!

2 Likes

Please no anything but hot corol.

I have it on very very good authority it’s not going anywhere.

6 Likes

Stop cheating :grin:

I love the coral colour - I’ve had so many people notice it and comment. It’s a great way to get talking about Monzo and spreading the word about the best new bank around!

3 Likes

I must admit that is a really good looking design for the new card but I kind of fell in love with the hot coral colour. Most bank cards are bland and boring but as soon as I pull that card out of my wallet I always see someone looking at it, and everyone could be doing with a little more colour in their life. :blush:

1 Like

yep, choice of colour would be nice but more importantly I love the idea to specifying what text you want on your card e.g. name of account holder and maybe nickname for the account e.g. Number 1 Account or Primary Account

How about a card with thermochromatic materials? Looks like the one above but when it gets warm to the touch you see the Hot Coral poking out. A lovely special edition card for Investors, Alphas, and Betas.

6 Likes

I think having monzo written in gold for investors. Silver for alpha’s and then bronze for betas

For some reason I’m insanely attracted to these ideas for distinctive cards for Betas. It’s certainly one way to keep customers. (I’m selfish enough not to care what you Alphas and Investors get :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

6 Likes

This, 100% agree with you @Feathers

Wow guys. Real selfless behaviour :smirk:

1 Like

Of course :tipping_hand_man:t2: (May have to wait until iOS10 to see the emoji)

Yesterday the coffee vendor outside Angel said ‘oh you have one of those fancy new orange cards too!’ <- some Monzo brand recognition going on there!

3 Likes

:unamused: "it’s coral not orange":unamused:

1 Like

or ‘Pantone 805’ to be more precise :wink:

3 Likes