Do you ever go online and buy anything on Christmas Day?

I used to work at a tablecloth company, and on most years, there would be at least one person placing an online order for tablecloths on Christmas Day.

What kinds of things, if anything, do you buy online on Christmas Day?

3 Likes

Probably clothes or wherever I get vouchers for.

It’s the DFS/Wren sales that I don’t understand. Keep going on about being open at 10am Boxing Day. These aren’t spur of the moment purchases, and they always have sales on anyway.

3 Likes

Depending on time, I generally register any gift cards with whatever site they belong to (Steam/Amazon etc). I may then get something off my wish lists while I do it.

1 Like

I might check a few websites on Christmas Day evening to see if anything I’m wanting to buy goes on sale. Have ordered a few items from boots on Christmas Day evening before, like toiletries sets that go on sale.

2 Likes

Sometimes if I get a gift that is missing something (like batteries) or would be enhanced by extras, then I’ll go online and order said things before I forget.

Apart from that, I can’t think of anything else. Maybe digital/game downloads, I think I bought one of the Room games on a Christmas Day. Wouldn’t say those really count in the context of your question, though.

1 Like

I got Dirt 4 for Xbox for £5 last Christmas Day, I’m not really a gamer but boys have an Xbox, was best fiver spent all Christmas all of us were playing it for days.

1 Like

I guess this is the kind of purchase that someone might make when they get home from Christmas dinner having been inspired by something they’d seen at a family get-together? Or, perhaps, by someone who just didn’t celebrate Christmas?

I don’t think I’ve ever ordered much on Christmas Day but that’s more because I believe that nothing will happen with my order, rather than because I can’t envisage browsing a shop or wanting for something.

3 Likes

Think I’m going to treat myself to a holiday as a Christmas present to myself. :eyes:

1 Like

batteries. every year!

1 Like

Usually start planning our travels for the following year.
No idea how it really happened, but it’s become a bit of a tradition in our house after Christmas dinner.

5 Likes

That’s such a great idea!

3 Likes

Just went to go and run the dishwasher… and then is only one tab left and no ‘next bag’ waiting. So this year, I will be going online to buy some dishwasher tablets. :grimacing:

7 Likes

Not too much done, but have booked a long weekend in Portugal next month for the good lady’s birthday :grin:

1 Like

We bought flights this Christmas day

Clothing is a pretty popular buy in our house. Either due to gift cards or buying the stuff you hoped you’d get but didn’t! :joy:

It’s a surprisingly busy retail day for online businesses

2 Likes

I bought a watch on Christmas Day but I am still waiting for it to be posted

2 Likes