Do I need to add Monzo to my TfL account before I can use it?

Apologies if this is a duplicate of what’s been asked before (I couldn’t find similar threads from a quick search) but do I need to add my Monzo CA card onto my Transport for London (TfL) account before I can use it/before they can charge me?

1 Like

No. You can use your card normally. But if you do set up an online account with them and register your card, then you can view your journey history

1 Like

I wasn’t able to register my PP card last week.

OK. Well you can still use it for travel, just not access your travel history online thru their website

1 Like

If you have trouble adding it, contact Monzo and they can ensure your address is formatted correctly - TfL have a very specific way of matching it to your card details.

3 Likes

I did consider that, but I usually use Apple Pay for Tfl, and I’ll be upgrading to the CC in due course anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, though. :+1:

1 Like

That’s great to know! I’m only a little curious as they’ve yet to charge my card… :thinking: considering with my legacy bank card last time, they pretty much took money out straight away on the next day! Do you know how long the delayed payment take?

It’s a day or two IME. I last used Monzo on TfL on Friday and the payment changed overnight last night.

You don’t get a new payment, the active credit check changes.

1 Like

Oh I see it now - sneaky! I didn’t know that they can still update the amount without creating another transaction!

1 Like