Error adding Monzo Debit to TfL

(Sacha) #1

When I try and add the Monzo debit card as a new contactless card on the TfL Oyster website I get the following error:

“We’re sorry, but we are unable to process your request at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please try again later.”

Bit unclear why this could be. I haven’t used the card for any pay-as-you-go travel yet so could that be the reason?

(Alex Sherwood) #2

In case anyone’s wondering, I have been able to add my card to my TFL account so this doesn’t appear to be a BIN / Sort Code recognition issue.

I had used my card for pay as you go travel so that might be the cause of the issue.

(Liam Nicholson) #3

This could be because the address we have on file for you didn’t match what was entered on the TfL website - could you check they matched?

TfL: adding contactless card to account fails
(Sacha) #4

Just tried again. Interestingly the address they had for me on file was a rather truncated version (e.g. first line, London, Postcode) and they had also truncated the first line of the address (had put 123 Thenameofmy House as 123 Thenameofmy Hou). When I didn’t amend their record in the slightest and just clicked okay it went through without issue.

(Mike Fuller) #5

Have just successfully added the debit card to TFL. Used my First name and Surname in the field “Name on card”. My address with Monzo matches that with TFL. As @alexs says this doesn’t seem to be a PAN issue.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.