Error adding Monzo Debit to TfL

When I try and add the Monzo debit card as a new contactless card on the TfL Oyster website I get the following error:

“We’re sorry, but we are unable to process your request at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please try again later.”

Bit unclear why this could be. I haven’t used the card for any pay-as-you-go travel yet so could that be the reason?

1 Like

In case anyone’s wondering, I have been able to add my card to my TFL account so this doesn’t appear to be a BIN / Sort Code recognition issue.

I had used my card for pay as you go travel so that might be the cause of the issue.

1 Like

This could be because the address we have on file for you didn’t match what was entered on the TfL website - could you check they matched?

2 Likes

Just tried again. Interestingly the address they had for me on file was a rather truncated version (e.g. first line, London, Postcode) and they had also truncated the first line of the address (had put 123 Thenameofmy House as 123 Thenameofmy Hou). When I didn’t amend their record in the slightest and just clicked okay it went through without issue.

2 Likes

Have just successfully added the debit card to TFL. Used my First name and Surname in the field “Name on card”. My address with Monzo matches that with TFL. As @alexs says this doesn’t seem to be a PAN issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.