Disable Google Pay when phone is locked

What I was saying is it’s just like if you lose your wallet. I could then use your physical card for contactless in the same way.

Google Pay is just a digital wallet :blush:

Interesting thread when there is another Google Pay when Phone Locked which complains that they cannot get the feature to work!

1 Like

I think the point is it could be more secure very easily. If I loose my card and phone that’s two things to worry about rather than one. In addition when people loose a card the consequences are very obvious, with a phone not so much.

Before finding this out my assumption was if I lost my phone there was nothing to worry about from a security point of view (you can’t even mount the internal storage of the device without unlocking). This ‘feature’ operates very differently to every other part of Android.

It should be an optional feature. Turning on and unlocking via fingerprint vs turning on via the power button for me takes the same time (I’m so used to just tapping the fingerprint I never turn the screen on beforehand). So for me this feature has zero value and poses a (albeit small) risk.

As mentioned before my assumption was no-one could use my phone to pay except me. This isn’t clear and really should be an opt-in feature.

1 Like

This is the only reason I’m looking to change to Iphone. I wish there was an option to choose.

I find it easy just to switch the NFC on and off when I need it, on my phone it’s on the quick settings at the top that I just pull down, switch it on and use it for my shop, then for safety I turn it off again a bit later. Works well for me

3 Likes