COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

But now would the police get my name and address if I’ve just used the app? My data is private isn’t it?

As I said, my understanding is they don’t get it from the app.

Perhaps this will help. Consider the following scenario:

Person A tests positive.
They’re contacted by the track and trace service to ask who they been in contact with.
They give details of persons W, X, Y and Z.

That’s what the police have been granted access to.

1 Like

It’s nothing to do with the app.

It is if you are called by Test and Trace and told to self-isolate, police will now have access to that data.

1 Like

Ok I think I’m (slowly :laughing:) understanding it now. Thank you

1 Like

My weekend job wants me back now the furlough is ending, got a letter to say when my start date will be, I’ve got one more weekend of freedom to go.

Will be nice going back I’ve not been in there for 7 months, I’ve no idea what the place even looks like anymore or what services will be on offer.

1 Like

Reports of a new lockdown coming into force on Wednesday. Due to be announced on Monday…

Just once I’d like my reaction to be a lockdown announcement to be “Gosh, that was unexpected, but I’m glad the government is being proactive in getting things under control” and not “About fucking time.” :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Too little too late just as normal, you’d of thought he’d have learnt from the 1st time he decided to be behind the times 🤦 claims to follow the science despite the fact the majority of SAGE and the independent ones have all been saying for weeks a lockdown needs to happen.

1 Like

In preparation of the oncoming lockdown this morning I’ve ordered a load of weights just in case the gyms get shuttered, all my overtimeb over the last few months has paid for it all at least. Got 160 kilo weights getting delivered next week :joy:

1 Like

Plus schools will remain open this time so lots of households will still be mixing that way.

The amount of times different children in my class have told me their parents letting them ‘illegally’ sleep at their friends house (I live and work in an area that has been in perpetual lockdown since early August). One was brazen enough to state they will be late in because of it!

3 Likes

So if all the speculation is correct in the media about what could be announced we’re looking at approx a 4 week lockdown which could see everything bar essential shops remaining open. Nothing surprises me anymore with Boris, if this actually turns out to be true can he really last much longer before his own party throw him out.

So instead of having 2 weeks at half term as he wanted to save the economy we’ll have 4 weeks which I’m pretty sure without having to do one bit of maths in my head hurts the economy even more.

Anyways it’s all speculation until it’s announced

Speaking of Johnson, where has he gone? I can’t recall the last time I saw him or heard him.

2 Likes

He’ll roll himself out on Monday to waffle about how he’s done good with the crisis and it’s the people’s fault that have led to this next lockdown, he’ll bang on about following the science even though for months the science has told him what he needs to do, and then he’ll be off for another few weeks to go sit in whatever alterative universe he lives in these days.

I wish…:worried:

1 Like

Robert Preston has in last 30 mins taken to Twitter to report what the measures are for the next month, will see in the next 30 mins if they match with what Boris announces

3 hours later still waiting…

It’s done he’s announced it all

"Sage wanted a lockdown at half term in order to protect the NHS, but that wasn’t the right thing to do because of the economy. Even though they did warn us about the NHS.

“We must now have a lockdown to protect the NHS. The facts haven’t actually changed all, but I’m just going to bluff my way through this like a bumbling shitgibbon to try and make you think I have and that this isn’t an embarrassing U-turn at all. Oh, and also it’s going to be twice as long in lockdown because we waited so long.”

Meanwhile, Wales is looking incredibly smug.

8 Likes

Schools here are back on Monday after the 2 week closure. 2 more weeks of restrictions on businesses left. There was discontent at the bus station that you can’t sit down and get a cup of tea anywhere

3 Likes

Hey! That’s so unkind!

A shit gibbon would do a far better job!

1 Like