COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

:flushed:
Iā€™m prepared to bet that those three words have never before been written, or indeed uttered, in that order ā€¦ :rofl:

ā€œA shit gibbon?ā€

If thatā€™s a variety of gibbon, does that more accurately make it a ā€œshit-gibbonā€?

I fear this topic is going the way of the ā€œfraudedā€ one.

I wonā€™t hesitate to close threads and remove posts if spelling, punctuation and grammar gets out of hand.

(I wonā€™t be closing threads and removing posts if spelling, punctuation and grammar gets out of hand).

6 Likes

Sorry not sorry

1k0xzc

Strictly speaking, this should be ā€œget out of handā€.

Anyway, Iā€™ve just learned that a shit gibbon isnā€™t a variety from the family ā€œHylobatidaeā€ at all. Itā€™s a term of insult or ridicule!!

Iā€™m out of my depth, I fear :flushed:

2 Likes

Completely right. Iā€™d originally written ā€˜grammar getsā€¦ā€™ but changed it to be more accurate, forgetting to adjust the verb, too. :man_facepalming:

Deleting my account imminently.

2 Likes

Now that sounds classy. :grinning:

1 Like

The only time thatā€™s justified is when grocerā€™s apostrophes are used. They make me irrationally angry. More so than should of or could of

Grocersā€™ apostrophe, surely? Or the grocerā€™s apostrophe.

Apostropheā€™s on sale 2 for Ā£5.80!

1 Like

Grocerā€™sā€™ Aphostropheā€™sā€™

Along those lines, drives me potty when people add apostrophes after pluralising initialisms: FAQā€™s, DVDā€™s, PINā€™s.

1 Like

Now youā€™re just showing offā€¦:rofl:

Well the whole announcement felt a bit like a shambles, was meant to be Monday, leaked so pushed to Saturday. Due to start at 4 pm, pushed to 5 pm then pushed to 630 pm then started late still

I also enjoyed the, we must act immediately so come midnight from Thursday. Iā€™ve obviously been using the wrong definition of immediately all my life :rofl:

Given that the advice he is acting on was first put to him in Septemberā€¦

1 Like

Is this not because it needs to be approved in Parliament on Wednesday?

Yes. Because the swivel eyed loons behind him insisting as a condition of passing a previous act that any future lockdown would be voted on before it could happen, and not,as previously, by Statutory Instrument.

Thus baking in a delay and, presumably, ensuring that stores which sell non essential items only and pubs are rammed today.

2 Likes

Theyā€™ve got the not acting earlier excuse in the bag

Gove says the virus has proved to be more malignant than assumed.

I mean the scientists knew, the NHS knew, the rest of the world where itā€™s been building up again knew, the figures for infection knew and finally the majority of the population knew, it seems Boris and his band of merry men are just oblivious to everything as per usual

Good luck to anyone on here working in retail over the next few days with all the panic buyers. May the odds be ever in your favour.

2 Likes

I can hear the road from my bath :rofl: sounds busier than normal. Iā€™ve got a parcel to go pick up from retail park so Iā€™ll be walking down in 15 minutes to see what the carnage be like.

I did go to Aldi last night about half 8 as I wanted something to eat, it was loads busier than normal with people doing massive shops.

2 Likes

To be fair I am in a bit of a glass house here. I have a Tesco delivery due today so I did up a few of the quantities on things that were difficult to get hold of last time around. Not excessively, just enough to get us by a few weeks. I also found a delivery slot in a fortnight to squat on.

For anyone going to actual stores though, this delay seems to have created the perfect environment to spread that thing weā€™re trying to stopā€¦