Core Experience Update 📣

I really like the shuffle, so it’s not something I personally want to see fixed. Otherwise if they fix it, it’ll exacerbate the clock problem. When we move to summer, transfers to pots stay at ~2AM UTC, But direct debits which usually get taken at ~3am, continue to be taken at ~3am BST (which is now 2AM Monzo time) too, so we end up with a clash.

If you end up in the situation I did today, my salary hitting, and the transfer to my credit card pot the same day the direct debit comes out, and it didn’t do the shuffle, Monzo would have declined it. But because it did the shuffle, and there was enough left in there from last month and in my current account, it covered it (dented my overdraft slightly, but remedied by withdrawing from the pot when I woke up).

2 Likes

Oh it’s not a value judgement on the shuffle. But I find it weird the behaviour is inconsistent.

Fwiw, I think if they’d been sensible and treated pots as offset from the current account (like Starling) which would mean a harmonised approach to the overdraft then it’d all be much simpler!

5 Likes

Oh, then I didn’t miss that then. Would be nice to have. But nicer would be joint account pari [microphone cuts]

6 Likes

I’d forgotten how nice the whole UI/UX was

2 Likes

pot to pot transfer? :eyes:

4 Likes

This is big news actually - good work

Monzo me was embarrassing when people had to dig out their bank card to find their details. the return of Apple Pay will be much appreciated :+1:

6 Likes

Be nice to give joint accounts the same functionality as our seperate ones. Especially virtual cards paying from Joint Pots :pray::pray::pray: I am a premium and my partner is Plus and our joint is really lagging behind :frowning:

7 Likes

This is currently the most voted-for feature request ever. If you haven’t already, vote for the feature here in this thread (blue box at the very top-left of the thread):

No guarantees it’ll ever happen, but more votes keep the focus on a feature that is highly requested.

7 Likes

Still nobody has told us why the US has custom categories while Blighty doesn’t.

Isn’t custom categories part of plus/premium?

1 Like

We replying to a message about joint accounts

2 Likes

I’ve sent my monzo.me link to a friend but they don’t see any option to pay via Apple Pay or Google Pay? Any ideas?

1 Like

Have they got it switched on, on the device they are using?

1 Like

They have Google Pay. Here is my link.

1 Like

I’ve just used that link and the google pay logo is there:

1 Like

If your friends have the Monzo app the link will open into the app directly, and they make a Monzo–Monzo bank transfer.

If they wish to use  or GPay, they should paste the link into a browser like Safari or Chrome.

5 Likes

just checked iOS and Apple Pay shows up for me also

2 Likes

Shows Apple Pay for me, suspect it’s a browser setting or Google pay setting

2 Likes

OK Thanks everybody :blush:

2 Likes

Hmm, this is weird:

No Google Pay for me.

1 Like