Contactless Limit & 90 Day Limit

The card contactless limit had increased from £100 to £225. How many people knew that there was also a 90 day period in that although you could be within the £225 limit if you haven’t used Chip & PIN for 90 days then your contactless transaction will be declined? Apparently there was a notification but I never saw it. I’m just curious as to how many people are aware of this?

:point_right: https://monzo.com/blog/2019/09/11/strong-customer-authentication-using-chip-and-pin

Thanks for the blog article but there is no mention of the 90 day rule. In any event this was when the limit was £100 it has since raised to £225. Why wasn’t the 90 day rule advised when it was increased to £225? Monzo have sent me an app notification about this but I never received it & it was when the limit was £100 & not mentioned when the limit increased to £225. BTW I never received any message that my next transaction had to be C&P but this appears to be a bug specific to me under investigation.

How many saw this notification when it was £100?

From what I remember, 90 days is the default/maximum time period for all SCA related things and there is some leeway with payment amounts.

I got the notification and an email. And the in-app pre warnings about using chip and PIN for the next transaction.

And I read the screen when the terminal declines my contactless attempt and use Chip and PIN.

It’s the 90 day issue that I’m enquiring about. I found even the CoPs I chatted to hadn’t even mentioned this element of the use of contactless before having to use C&P. I was aware of the £225 formerly £100 but cannot recall ever receiving anything about if C&P hasn’t been carried out for 90 days then you will get a decline. Of course I learnt this today for the first time.

Pay with Apple pay unlimited amount pay how many money you have on card hehehah