Cheques cheques and more cheques

Last chat on this seems to be last September 20. I have 4 cheques sent to you totalling over £12K. London post isn’t functioning properly because of weather and my cheques aren’t with you for over a week. I then have to wait 5-10 working days to clear. That’s a three week wait - if you get them tomorrow. When are we getting cheque imaging??

Cheque imaging wouldn’t help you with cheques totalling £12k. It’s usually limited to £500 or £1k per cheque.

Also can we please use the existing thread instead of creating a new one every time?

3 Likes

Aahhh! Didn’t know that. Do you know the reason for that. I will stick to previous thread in future.

Hi Mike, thanks for posting. Just to clarify I hope no one has sent us cheques - this is the Monzo Community forum, we’re mostly just customers here! Did you think you were contacting Monzo support?

2 Likes

No, definitely sent to Freepost Monzo. Just wondered what the state of play was. Thanks anyway.

Topic to read up on why Monzo aren’t doing it:

Topic to vote:

1 Like

Yeah cheque imaging is usually £500 max per cheque.

Unless the cheque is very low value I’d always recommend sending it tracked. If it’s below 500 I would use my Starling.

How are you getting these cheques‽ :sweat_smile: and can I have some in my name…

Halifax (and presumably Lloyds and Bank of Scotland) have a helpful £1000 limit. And you can deposit cheques straight into savings accounts too.

3 Likes

Just noticed this is a duplicate topic. I’ll close it for now - please use the links to the other topics! :pray: