✅ Cheque Imaging 📱

Sure. But still 4 to 6 days once they’ve received it, according to another help article. As all cheques are imaged once received, it shouldn’t take that long.

2 Likes

This.

There’s the freepost address which takes a while, then a postal address which can turn around in less than 2 weeks generally.

1 Like

That’ll just be the maximum timescales it can take, it’s never been more than a week when I’ve sent a cheque in. Although I just just NatWest or Starling these days for those rare cheques I get.

2 Likes

Lloyds Bank Group has increased its limits to £2000 per cheque and £5000 per day

6 Likes

I run a business and have had three cheques in the last week two from DVLA and one BT so can assure there not dying out and this is one of reasons no longer use Monzo as personal or business accounts

Along with there stupid limits so no both accounts just sit with 1p in each

3 Likes

Why 1p? Why not zero and close if no use? :eyes:

1 Like

In case the account gets better in the future?

Monzo aren’t the best for accepting back customers who closed an account in the past, unless you have a new phone number and email to trick them into letting you open a brand new account, and even then they might catch you and close that new account down.

Best just to leave it open if there’s even a small chance you might want to use it in the future. I don’t think 1p is necessary with Monzo, but some banks will close down dormant accounts with a nil balance. Leaving a Penny in the account stops this. It’s a Martin Lewis tip for when you need a bank’s current account to access a particular savings account but don’t want to use said current account.

7 Likes

I’d bet a whole 1p monzo do not care for cheque imaging as it would be here otherwise.

2 Likes

If Monzo don’t have check imaging by 2030, I will Monzo you 1p :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’d be surprised if monzo lasted that long :joy:

2 Likes

Then I’ll Revolut you the 1p! Or send you a cheque… :joy:

Who knows, maybe by 2030 we’ll have some really cool new innovative way to send money!

5 Likes

Telepathic 1p inbound.

Nice to know you’d be thinking of me in 8 years :joy:

4 Likes

Every day that passes the less likely it becomes.

I’m happy to do the reverse of the 1p, I’ll give @N26throwaway 1p if its this year, 2p next year, 3p in 2024 etc etc.

4 Likes

I look at it the opposite way. The longer we go on without it and cheques still not officially killed off, I think it becomes more likely for a few reasons.

Sooner or later Monzo are going to start hitting a wall for new things to develop within the world of finance, and at that point attention will shift towards things with lower priority that were started in the past but never finished. I think there’s a decent chance cheque imaging will be one of these things that gets revisited. It’s not too difficult and would be an easy win.

Then there’s the regulator, which tends to drive a lot of the decision making with such features. Cheques were supposed to die. But then they didn’t, and there’s no indication they plan to try to kill them off a second time. I can totally see the regulator forcing cheque imaging as time goes on if they don’t kill them. I think it would actually aid in making them obsolete honestly.

3 Likes

Maybe. But I think there will always be something else, something new and shiny.

4 Likes

You don’t think Monzo will be here in 7-8 years?

Who knows :eyes:

1 Like

They survived the prophecy of their last doomsayer who said they wouldn’t last past Valentine’s Day 2022. So I have faith they’ll waddle on past 2030* too.

*unless they’re acquired by a big tech company or another bank. Or a rogue billionaire in need of a new toy to play with.

5 Likes

In their current form I don’t think, but if a takeover was to happen then it may be possible.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s insight or bitterness getting you to that theory

12 Likes