Changes to debit card top ups

My App has topups… they appeared the other day. Do they not work? (I’ve not tried, don’t have anwhere to topup from any more!).

3 Likes

Apparently it is a staged roll-out so not everyone on current account has it yet.

Hi @Dzilvys - You’ll still be able to use your Monzo account, either by having your salary paid directly into it or by making regular bank transfers.

Good Morning:slight_smile:

I’ve just watched last nights Open Office Event.

It was mentioned that Top Up by card would happen today. Not to Tweet Monzo if it didn’t happen today, it could be Monday but was looking like it would be today.

Will this be added automatically or via a Monzo App Update?

I hope it really does happen today :slight_smile:

Thanks in Advance

Barry :slight_smile:

1 Like

It came with the latest iOS app update. Which was yesterday for me.

It’s in the update but not yet turned on for everyone.

Hey all, we’ve now rolled out Debit Card top ups for all current account customers, no app update needed (unless you are on a super old version): https://monzo.com/blog/2017/12/01/top-ups-are-back/

8 Likes

Congratulations to all involved! It’s not a feature I will personally use, but it will be great not to have frequent “why can’t I top up” posts on the forum anymore. :wink: :+1:

13 Likes

Sweet, this was the first thing I wasn’t happy to see missing when I updated to the current account, I loved how easy it was to top up :slight_smile:

Which was what I meant by this. I agree with that nonetheless it would be a cool idea :bulb:

From Nationwide this morning; an illustration of why debit card top ups are useful.

This is why you should just move your salary and everything to :monzo: :wink:

9 Likes

Hi Jim,

I am a software developer so I know too well how hard it is to estimate when features will be 100% finished and tested but thought this more as a general idea and I don’t think anyone on the forum will go too crazy on missed deadlines as it happens and sometimes there isn’t anything that can be done.

More a general heads up on a regular basis how things are going and current estimates would be ideal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm. Strange that not all EU countries on the list. So I can’t use my HSBC Malta Visa Débit card to top up.

2 Likes

Hi Monzo team,
So bad news for everybody with Debit Card from another country. I’m from Ukraine and I used Monzo card during the last half of this year, but now don’t have any chance Top Up Monzo… It’s not about the future bank! You’ve killed future bank for many people in the world.

4 Likes

I know of foreign students with monzo with euro accounts and they top up their monzo cards with their euro debit card. There are several European countries who are not on the monzo approved list and monzo have essentially stopped these students from topping up.

At least revolut wtill allow top up by debit card, plus they are soon to introduce top up by DD.

2 Likes

That’s really sad. I was hoping that Poland would be there. Why couldn’t it be added to the list? Surely all EU countries should be added!

1 Like

That is exactly my situation with Poland not being on the list. I switched to the CA not knowing that the top ups are nolonger working. I thought the CA was no longer in beta and I was expecting the same functionality than prepaid.

1 Like

Reasoning is here, for better or worse: Changes to debit card top ups - #27 by natasha

3 Likes

Why do I now have to log onto another bank account to send money to my monzo rather than a couple of clicks in the app to request money.
Topping up my new card is now long and slow.!