Card declined at ASDA

FWIW my kerv was declined at the same time, they must use GPS too

Yeh, it is unfortunate. Transactions are handled by a (unreliable) 3rd party on the prepaid programme. The Current Account is all in house and much more reliable :slight_smile:

Yeah, I just used my monzo CA card instead. Worked fine.

2 Likes

A Starling customer uses the Monzo prepaid app to inform him of Starling outages as they don’t tell customers of service interruptions. :neutral_face:

7 Likes

I don’t understand why Starling have disabled SMS alerts on their status page. Having to follow the monzo pre-paid status page simply to get info about outages at Starling is effing CRAZY.

2 Likes

just be aware there are different SMS sign ups for status notifications on the prepaid and the Current Account -

Hi folks - I’m really sorry about the trouble today :pensive: Our card processor had an outage for around an hour earlier on, which caused card payments to fail. This only affected the Monzo prepaid card.

Things seem to be back to normal now, but as ever, I recommend you carry a spare card with you for the rest of today, just in case we see a reoccurrence. You can keep fully up to date with all of this by checking out status.monzo.com

@PeterG if you message in through the app we should be able to get this issue resolved for you.

Thanks so much for your ongoing patience :heart:️ we can’t wait to migrate everyone over to the current account soon.

5 Likes

And anyone else using GPS!

4 Likes

Hopefully with Monzo moving customers over the Current Account the strain on GPS should decrease…

1 Like

I’m curious - why didn’t Monzo notify customers of the issue? Another card issuer who uses the same card processor managed to!

Feel free to subscribe to the prepay status page: https://mondo.statuspage.io/

1 Like

Monzo does? You should get a notification and in app message to this effect.

It’s Starling that doesn’t…

I didn’t get an in app notification, l noticed it on Twitter. Normally though Monzo are spot on with notification so l can forgive one…

1 Like

It was a fairly short outage as well

Didn’t get notifications (or any other communication) from Monzo (I’m Pre-pay) or Starling. Got three (email) communications though from Curve (‘may have an issue’, ‘yes there’s an issue’, ‘all clear’).

Interesting. Suggest you sign up for status notifications: https://mondo.statuspage.io/

1 Like

Thank you - have done so.

Many thanks - done so.

1 Like

I had an in-app notification in the prepaid app for the duration of the outage.

2 Likes

Hmm… does that mean one has to open the app to see there’s an issue during the ‘event’, rather than receiving a more general iOS (in my case) notification alerting the user to the risk? If so, that’s a missed opportunity. I’m sure during previous similar events I’ve had an iOS notification without going to the app first.