Can't log in to app

I can’t log in to my account . the app is asking for my phone number i’m giving it my phone number , i’m then receiving the code and entering it then it says something went wrong we couldn’t verify your phone number.

Make sure you’re using the correct email you signed up to Monzo with/the one associated with your account. You’re being asked for your phone number because you’re using an email address that is not linked to a Monzo account.

You are using an incorrect email address.

1 Like

i’m not using the wrong email, i’m getting an email from monzo and then using the link, someone elses mobile number is populating the app then i’m having to enter my proper phone number , then i receive the code and it doesn’t connect.

You’ll need to contact Monzo, then.

Yes, you’re getting emails to the email account you’re entering now, but it’s not the one linked to your bank account

help@monzo.com if you can’t remember the right email address you used initially

2 Likes

Hi there @Shambob1874 :wave:

As per the previous posts, if the app is prompting you for your phone number then this means you are logging in with the wrong email.

When you log in with the correct email, you will not get prompted for a phone number at all.

i am having this problem too but all i can do is enter my phone number there is no option to see what email address i have entered (if it is wrong) nor can i change it i just repeatedly get asked for my phone number and the verification fails. I’ve been locked out of my account for months now

Hi Tim & welcome :wave:

Assuming you already have a Monzo account and it isn’t closed, blocked, otherwise unavailable… then basically you are using the wrong email address.

If you are getting the phone number prompt, you are accessing Monzo using the SIGN-UP flow, not the LOG-IN flow, because you’ve entered an email address that isn’t associated with Monzo. If you use an email address that isn’t registered to a Monzo account, the app will switch to the SIGN-UP flow because it see’s you as a ‘new’ email address.

If you LOG-IN using the same email address as when you initially signed up with Monzo, it won’t ask for a telephone number.

As a test, try and login into the Monzo web service (https://web.monzo.com) - this will also ask for your email address. If you enter the correct email address, a magic link will be emailed to that inbox (which you need access to) and you have to click on the magic link prompt to complete the login.