Can't claim refunds in the app anymore

I’m sure I asked this a while ago, but I can’t find the thread - so please forgive me :blush:

When I know a retailer is going to refund a pending transaction, I used to be able to go to something wrong -> question this payment -> claim now.

The option still exists but it always rejects. Why aren’t we able to self refund low value transactions anymore?

I just tapped on a payment I made yesterday at Boots and have the ‘Something Wrong? Question this Payment’ button, taking me to a page with three sections - ‘I don’t recognise this transaction’ allowing me to report fraud, ‘Expecting a refund?’ asking me to wait 8 days, and then ‘Question this payment’ which allowss me to message Monzo about it. Do you have different?

It may be different for payments that are no longer pending.

Yeah, I think it’s different when the transaction is no longer pending.

When it’s pending, I have the option to “claim now” on that final screen. I’ll screenshot it the next time I have a pending transaction in the feed.

Yeah I haven’t been able to do this in ages. Think I get a big red error cross on the screen. I get duplicate Tesco transactions every couple of months, but always have to fall back to chat now (I didn’t before).

1 Like

Yeah on my last one i had to ask in chat also

My team is going to be taking over the self-serve authorisation reversal system in the near future and I plan to roll it into the disputes system.

There are a couple of reasons you might not be able to reverse a payment yourself that all come down to the risk balance, though it is expected that you just won’t see the option, rather than see it but it errors.

4 Likes

That’s excellent news.

I haven’t been able to self reverse for about 18mths/2 years on any transaction. And I don’t think any of my reversals were then presented, so I’m not sure why I seem to be blocked.

But some work on this would be fantastic. It’s mainly for things like the annoying £1 Amazon/Uber test transactions.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.