Cannot verify card for contactless payments on Google pay

I had to reset my device and lost the use of my mobile wallet on Google Pay. I’ve been in contact with Google and they have said that I need my bank to cancel the mobile wallet tokens/virtual account number so I can start afresh.

Is that something Monzo can do for me?

Thank you

Tim

Probably. You’d get a definite answer from Monzo, though.

It sounds like this, but it also looks like they weren’t able to get it sorted.

Hi, trying to set up Google Pay on my tic watch pro and OnePlus Nord 2. Got it set up on my phone but when I try to verify for my watch the app asks me to call Monzo and provides a number. When I call the number I get a message saying this number is not recognised. Anyone else overcome this problem?

If the issue is related specially to too many enrollments (6 when I spoke to them) so requesting a new card may revoke all of the current ones correctly and reset the counter. I had to replace my card 6 months or so after I raised the issue so I can’t say for sure that it didn’t resolve itself after a period of time (id imagine unassigned enrollments deactivate themselves in one form or another) but given the virtual card is linked to the physical one it seems logical.

Because it’s quite a specific issue id save it as a last resort given the inconvenience of replacing a card.

Sorry, very late response but may be worth having for future issues.